Chapter 64

(IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END

Enjoy the chapter! 😊)

BETH'S POV

The dinner is awkward. The only people who are talking are the other three seated with me. I feel extremely embarrassed, feeling the need to cry at the table knowing that someone other than me has seen the picture.

This girl resembles the one I have seen at the coffee shop but the way she looks right now. her hair tightly put into hair wrap that leads into a bun in the back, her dangled long earrings swing around when she shifts her head and the makeup free face of hers all differences the girl I've seen at the shop. At the shop, her makeup was darker, eyeliner on both top and bottom. Her jeans were tight and she only wore a black tabletop with it. Her shoes weren't the pricy ones she has on now but they were flip flops. She looked like a regular teenager who would be walking around the streets with her friends.

But she isn't.

Yet she is here, sitting with a supposedly "elegant" family which actually, both me and her don't want. I'm guessing she's like me. She dressed differently around her father and the way she wants when he isn't around.

I stab my fork into the green leaves on my plate. After the many nights of not being home, I have never missed the meals from mom. The healthy, usually not tasty foods every night have not been on the list of 'why I should go back home'.

"Harry," I hear someone say. My head shoots up to the person I heard say it.

It was Nathan. How would he possibly know harry?

Before I could speak he finishes what he was saying. "So that's all that matters," he brings his hand to his daughters and squeezes. "I do whatever it takes to make her happy."

Happy. He said happy, not Harry.

I smile a little at the mans thoughtfulness of his daughter but it fades when I think back to Harry. Everything always reminds me of him, the slightest things and it's sort of weird at times.

I know he is angry at me, I got that message loud and clear. I don't want him to be and I didn't mean to make him feel this way. I was hoping he wouldn't get angry at me for having him leave, my hopes were high on hoping that he'd understand where I was coming from.

I don't want to argue anymore. I don't want anymore fights and never ending argents with my mother to continue. She needs to just understand how I feel, she needs to realize how I want to live my life. But if she knew that Harry was here before I had even gotten the chance to speak to her, she would just blow up at me again. And just as I said to harry, I'm not going to fuel the flames to the fire anymore. I'm doing everything in my being to die it out, splash water on it, anything..anything just to get my life to normal.

"Now this chicken," Nathan points to the barbecue chicken on his plate using his fork. "Is just absolutely delicious." He compliments my mother and starts to cut another piece.

"Thank you," my mom says. She continues to tell him the ingredients and how she marinated it over night.

"Well one day I must test it out and invite both you over?" He says as a question as he makes eye contact with me.

My lack of speaking at the table I'm sure made him feel distant from me making it seem Like I don't like him or anything but that's not it at all. He seems nice, I'm just not ready for this. Everything is moving too fast and I feel like I'm on a treadmill; running the full speed, but in the same place I'm getting nowhere.

I give him a small smile and nod. He smiles back and I go back to eating my food.

The dressing on my salad is dried out and the lettuce tastes old due to the fact I've just been playing around with it rather than eating it.