Chapter 25

"I win!" I cheer loudly through the family room. Harry, my mom and I have played three rounds of Mario kart of the wii.

I'm surprised how well my mom has been getting along with him the past few hours. When we first entered the house she wasn't that surprised or angry that I allowed him inside. She's probably just going along with being nice to him so she won't ruin the good day that we've had.

Harry never brought up the conversation that we haven't finished. I want to know what he's hiding, he's not telling me something and the questions haunt me every minute of every day. I'm still upset that he hooked up with Tiffy after what she's done to me. It just doesn't make any sense, none of it does.

"Alright! That's enough for me." My mom stands off the red carpet and walks towards the stairs. "Don't stay up to late. And Bethany.." I look at her and she points at me and glares. I know exactly what she's thinking.

"Goodnight, mom I love you." I try to hide my facial expression from Harry so he doesn't suspect what my mother just did.

The door closes upstairs and I know that Harry and I are officially alone. I look at him and our eyes lock for a brief second.

I gently grab the wii remote out of his grasps and turn the game off.

He just stands there. Like a statue, not moving but his eyes are glued on to me, I can feel them burning onto back and when I turn around he's still looking.

"What?" I ask and go to sit back on the white sofa.

"Oh, nothin." He shrugs and sits down next to me. "Good thing we don't have to do that English assignment anymore." He tries to break the silence.

"Yeah, I guess." I look away.

"You wanted to do it?"

"It could've been fun. Asking each other questions, getting to know each other more" I admit and he smirks.

"We could play a game." He raises his eyebrows. I frown, not sure where he's going with this. "Twenty one questions?" He suggests and I laugh. "Why is that funny?" He says through a little giggle and I smile.

"Guys always want to play that!"

"You said you wanted to get to know me better..this is your chance." He fixes his position on his seat to face me and and I do the same.

"You first." I say and he puts his finger to his chin and thinks.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Purple.-" he nods "what's your favorite subject?" I ask.

"English. When's your birthday?"

"January sixth." I tell him and I realize how close my birthday actually is.

"That's in four days." His eyes widen.

"Really? I didn't know.." I sarcastically reply and he playfully punches my arm.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Birthdays aren't a big deal to me and hey!, It's my turn to ask a question so sh!" I put my finger to my lips and he grins, making his left dimple show.

"When's your birthday,"

"The first of February." His birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I nod and he scratches his chin and think of the next question to ask me.

"Who was you first?" And here it comes. This is the part that the guys always want to ask the girls and the game is just an excuse to ask them.

"My first kiss?" I try to play It off.

"No doofus. Are you a virgin, Beth?" He smirks and I blush and look away. I nod slowly. "No.." He waves his finger in my face and I frown. "Don't lie" he laughs.

I slap his hand away. "I'm not lying! I really am." The seriousness I'm giving him allows him to see that I am too telling the truth. He looks away from me and down at his lap.

"What's wrong?" I tilt my head to try to look at his but he helps when he looks back up at me.

"I just uh- i just realized how much of an asshole I am." He looks back down to play with the chain on his wrist.

"No you're not. Why are you saying that?" I force him to look back up at me.

"I'm just a bad person-" he begins and I tell him to stop.

"No. Stop saying that, okay? You can't just talk about yourself like that." He's always talking about himself in a negative way. It's like he doesn't see any good in himself, only the bad.

"After the way I yell at you and treat you, you don't think of me as an asshole?"

"No," I smile and him stands up.

"I gotta go.-" he stands up from his seat walks to the door. I follow him and he opens the front door. "Thanks for inviting me. I'll see you tomorrow." He walks down the steps and into his car and drives away.

This always happens. Everything is fine and then things suddenly start to fall apart for no reason. He's happy for a moment of time and then before I know it, he gives me that look. The look of sadness as if he's hiding something. As if he feels guilty for something.

--

That night I tell Abby that I'd be going to the party with her. It's the least I could do to make up the time that I left her house when she nicely invited me and my mom over for dinner.

There's a knock at my door and I shut the screen of my laptop and my mom walks in wearing her silky pajamas and slippers. She looks around me room and a faint smile is planted on her lips.

"He's gone mom." I tell he before she could even ask.

"I wasn't-" she begins and I glare at her and she walks in my room and takes a seat on the bed.

"Is everything okay? Why did he leave?" She asks and puts her warm hand on my knee.

"He had to go." I tell her pats my knee to get up. "Did you guys..did you kiss him?"

"What? Mom, no!" I laugh and yell and she puts her hands up in surrender.

"I have the right to ask! I didn't know anything would've happened between you two last time until I saw his sucking your face."

"Oh my gosh, mom. Please get out" I Palm my forehead in embarrassment and she laughs quietly before shutting the door behind her.

(Again, sorry for not updating for a couple of days! But I hope you enjoy this chapter. I know it's short but tomorrow's chapter will be much longer, I promise!

I also apologize for any errors in this chapter, I'm really tired and I'm literally too lazy to read it all over.

Remember to vote and comment!

I love you and thanks for reading💞)