Chapter 35

Harry's POV

This is all getting a little out of hand. She's been having these weird feelings for the couple of days I've seen her. She would get dizzy, lose her focus and squint her eyes shut to try to focus her sight back to her normal vision.

I know my mum stopped her doctor career a couple years back but I'm hoping she be able to find some shit out that might be wrong. I'm hoping it's not too serious.

"When is the last time you've had a good nights sleep?" Fuck. I was sort of hoping this had nothing to do with her poor sleeping patterns.

Beth looks up at me before she answers. I know she can tell what I'm thinking and she looks a bit nervous. I can feel my eyes widen open and I feel my body tense up again.

She shrugs her shoulders. "I guess studying has really gotten to me these past few weeks." She lies. I can tell by the way she looks away from me and swallows that she's trying not to cry.

"By the look of your eyes, I can tell as though the color isn't the same. They seem to be turning a little more gray then the green that they were before. The dark circles around your eyes signal the lack of sleep. And the signs you told me of symbol that your body is not fully awake with you. Your body is exausted. If you don't get any sleep soon the insomnia will kick in and it can lead to a serious medical condition." I fucking knew

It. God dammit.

"I suggest you stay home for a couple of days to get some sleep." My mum pats her leg before getting off of the obnoxiously large sofa and exiting the family room.

"I would if I could." I hear her whisper to herself, probably not knowing I could hear her clear as day.

A couple seconds later she looks back up at me. I still can't form any words to speak and I'm still in a shocked position. I can't move, my body feels stiff and the guilt is pouring all around me again.

She stands up and walks closer towards me. "I'm sorry," I force out. I need a damn drink. I need to take my anger out on something right now.

"It's not your fault. Why do you keep saying sorry?" She frowns as steps closer. "I'll be okay." She tries to sound as positive as she can but we both know she's terrified.

"Let's go." I grab her wrist gently.

"Wait, I'm going to thank your mother really quick." She pulls her arm away from me and I follow her into the hallway.

"Which room?" She asks and points the the large hallway of doors.

"Last one on the left. I'll wait in the car." She nods and I walk out the front door. I hate going into that house.

When I get in the car all of the possibilities of long term medical consequences that could happen to her crowd my mind.

She could have life time serious illnesses and it's because of that fucking night.

The night that shouldn't of happened.

The night I regret the most.

"Fuck!!" I scream and slam my fists on the steering wheel.

--

Beth's POV

When Harry exits the house I walk down the long hallway with about four doors on each side. They all probably lead into different offices or libraries.

I get to the last door on the left and knock lightly. "Come in" Anne's voice calls from the other end.

I open the door and Notice that it's a room filled of gray cabinets. The one that Anne has opened right now is filled with Manila folders and she places a packet inside one of them before closing it shut and looking in my direction.