Chapter 24

I wake up the next morning, not wanting to even go to school today. I don't have the energy to even move over to the other side of my bed to turn the alarm clock off. I swear, Every time I hear that thing I want to bash it with a hammer so I won't ever hear it again.

After taking my shower and putting on shorts and a Rolling Stones t shirt I walk downstairs to get some breakast.

My mother is sitting on the island in the kitchen and she looks at me and doesn't say a word. She glances back up at me after a couple of seconds and puts down the newspaper that she's been reading and smiles at me.

"What?" I smile back. She's thinking about something and I'm not sure if I know where this is going.

"Let's have a girls day out." She picks up her cup of tea and takes a sip and waits for my response.

"You're encouraging me to skip school to hang out with you." I smirk and she laughs a little.

"I'm sure you're doing fine in your classes, one day off won't hurt." This surprises me. School has always been my mothers top priority for me. School always came first for everything and if she's telling to take a day off, hell yea I'm going to take it.

"And what is it that you have in mind?" I quint my eyes and take a muffin out of the basket sitting in the middle of the island.

"Shopping? Maybe you could get some new clothes, maybe we can see if we could get you a car." A car? Maybe I should get a car. I feel bad spending her money like this but it has been raining a lot these past few days and riding my bike to school would only leave me soaked during my first couple of classes. "And I also need to talk to you." Oh course. I knew this was coming.

I nod my head and agree with her offer. "Under one condition." I hold up a finger and her eyes examine my face. "I pick out my own clothes and the car, I don't want anything to fancy, okay?" I take another bite of my muffin and she nods her head.

"Deal. But only if you let me actually talk to you when we have our talk, I don't want to argue with you."

"Fine. Thanks mother."

"Call me mom." She wants me to call her mom now? Who is this woman and where is my mother?

"Okayyyyy..mom." She smiles at my words and I look at my phone to check facebook.

"We'll leave in about twenty minutes. I have to go put away the laundry and then we'll head out." She says and walks behind the stool I'm sitting on and rubs my back.

"Okay." I respond and she disappears up the stairs.

I text Abby and let her know that I wouldn't be coming to school today. I told her the truth about why I'm not and she was shocked that my mother, I mean mom, actually let me stay home for a day.

*but are you still coming to the party tomorrow night?-Abby* I still haven't thought much about the invite. I tell her that I'll let her know tomorrow because I still have to think about it.

I know the possibilities of ever seeing that guy are slim. But just knowing that this all started at a party scares the hell out of me that something else could happen.

--

My mom and I have been at the mall for almost three hours and it's getting kind of hard carrying all of these bags full of new accessories. I shopped at stores that I usually do. I got a couple of jeans and tops from forever21 and a leather jacket from there as well. I went into wet seal and also got some nice flowing dresses and a new bathing suit for if and when I decide to go to the beach. Lastly, I went into a craft store and bought some art accessories for me to use while my mom was using the bathroom.