Chapter 56

(This chapter is a little longer than usual 😊 it took me hours to complete so I would really appreciate it if you guys VOTE and COMMENT!

Thanks for reading! )

Harry's POV

I groan in my sleep when Beth shakes me. I'm too damn tired to get up and my eyes won't seem to open.

"Someone's at the door." She whispers as though it could be some murderer or something.

My eyes jolt open and I use my pals to push myself off of the bed quickly. Before I leave the room I tell Beth to stay put just in case it's someone I don't want her seeing.

The hallway squeaks as I walk and the sound is giving me a headache, another pounding knock on the door making my head ache with pain even more.

"I'm coming!" I yell through the other side of the door. Just for their ridiculously amount of unnecessary pounding I don't even want to open the fucking door anymore.

I unlock the door, the chain coming off first and then the actual lock itself. When I open the door I can't say I'm surprised to see her here. I go to shut the door but she puts her heel against the bottom, stopping it from closing in on her.

"What do you want?" I scold her.

"I'm here to see my daughter." She says through gritted teeth but I don't move. She's not in anyway intimidating me and if she is trying to then she is failing miserably.

I'm not even sure what happened that night when she left with her dad. All I know is that her mum must have said something to her to make her leave almost an hour away to get away from her.

"She doesn't want to see you." I continue to block the entry into my seemingly cold house; or it probably just feels that way because I'm only wearing sweatpants.

"Let me in." She crosses her arms over her check and lets out a huff.

"Leave right now or I'll-"

"Or what?-" she steps closer. "You going to push me or something?"

Push.

I know what she means by that and I bet Beth's fucking father told her mum about it. God dammit this is exactly what I didn't want happening. My eyes are focused on the woman in front of me who has a smile plastered onto her face, her eyes glistening in the light as though she knows she has cracked a part of me.

After three years of trying to rid the memories, they only seem to be coming back to haunt me much more frequently then before. It's the littlest things that would bring back a memory from that night.

Just like a couple weeks ago when Abby wanted to take Beth to the hospital.

I remembered.

A couple days after that when I accidentally cut my finger with a knife and saw blood dripping onto the floor.

I remembered.

When I watch a horror movie and some guy gets murdered with eyes wide open with a gash to his head.

I remembered.

Right now, the way my hands are shaking and the way I can't form words to speak. The way my body is starting to sweat and how my eyes are wide open. It's the same exact way I was reacting when it happened.

I remember. I remember it all as clear as day and I fucking hate it. I have so many regrets in my life; one being this one, and the other when I was being an asshole and-

Her mum nudges me by the shoulder and my thoughts float above me like a cloud of smoke.

The sound of her heels click against the hardwood floor and I'm sure Beth knows who is coming her way. I hear my bedroom door slam against the wall behind it and I hurry behind Beth's mom.