Hazel

Hazel

Hazel woke to the sound of ragged breathing. She opened her eyes,and she was in the infirmiry, lying in a bed next to Piper. Piper was sickly pale, and the ragged breathing came from her. Hazel looked at Piper's wound, and it was completely gone.

Why was she so sick then? Hazel decided to ask later. Across the room, Calypso was sleeping. She was covered bandages and slings. Hazel wondered how she got so many wounds.

Hazel jumped when Piper stirred. She groaned, and opened her eyes. She looked around until her eyes met Hazel's.

Piper smiled. "Hey."

"Hey." Hazel replied. "You okay?"

"I'm fi-- Ow!" Piper cringed in pain. "No I'm not!"

Piper turned even more pale. Hazel felt her forehead, and pulled it back in shock. "Piper you're burning up!" Hazel said, sitting up.

"I'm fi-- Ow!" Piper cringed again. "Geez! What's wrong with the word fi-- Ow!"

Jason ran into the room suprizing Piper and Hazel. Piper jumped, and that made her cringe again. Hazel nearly jumped off of the bed.

"Oh Gods!" Jason said, running to Piper's side. "Are you okay?! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to--" Jason stopped talking. He took a few steps back, and rubbed his forehead with his hands.

"Jason? Are you okay?" Piper said in a worried voice.

"I... I can't... control... Gaea.... run! Run!" Jason stammered.

Hazel's heart skipped a beat when she realized what was happening. She grabbed Piper's arm, and swung it over her shoulder, which made her yell in pain. Hazel lifted Piper up, and dragged her to the door. She had just walked through the door, when Piper was pulled from her grasp, and the door swung shut. Hazel was outside the door, while Piper was still inside with Jason, who was now being controlled by Gaea.

Hazel pulled on the handle, but it was locked from the inside. She banged on the door, and kicked it. She heard Piper scream from the inside, and Hazel immediately knew she was hurt. Then she remembered that there was a window in there. She ran up to the deck, and grabbed a gold shield. She stepped onto it, and concentrated. Hazel willed the gold to float up, and she flew over the side of the boat. Hazel found the window, and smashed it. She climbed through the window, and fell hard on her back.

The glass from the window dug into Hazel's spear wound, and she screamed in pain.

"Hazel!" She heard Piper scream. "Help!"

Hazel stood up, her back still flaring with pain, and she ran towards Piper's voice. Jason was standing over Piper, his sword raised over her head, and his eyes were gold. Piper was laying on the floor in front of him, her shoulder and her leg were bleeding badly, and she was holding her hand out over her head, as if she was telling Jason to stop.

Jason was just about to strike down, when Piper kicked him in the knee, and he fell backwards. His sword flew away, but he got up quickly. Piper had already stood up and grabbed her dagger, but Jason put his hand around her throat, choking her. She dropped her dagger and used her hand to try to pull his hand off her throat, but he was too strong.

Piper was starting to lose conciousness, when Hazel slammed into Jason, freeing Piper. She gasped and caught her breath. Piper picked her dagger up, and smacked the butt into Jason's forehead. He crumpled to the floor. Piper collapsed, and passed out onto the floor. Hazel slowly crawled to the door, gasping in pain, and opened it.