Hazel

Hazel

"Hazel?! W-- what are you doing" Leo asked, shocked and wary.

Hazel didn't respond. She felt so guilty. She felt so.... bad.

She didn't want to be on Gaea's side, but she'd had no choice. Gaea said she was going to kill Frank if she didn't join her army. Gaea had also told her that she would get her sight back. Hazel hated being blind. It made her feel so useless and vulnerable.

And Gaea would give her the thing she wanted most. Hazel already knew what she was going to ask Gaea for. But Hazel had to prove to her that she was really on her side first. She did so by damaging the ship, and stabbing Leo (even though the second one was especially hard to do).

She didn't want to do it, but it was the only way to save Frank from Gaea.

"Hazel?! Why are you doing this?!" Leo asked again clutching his stab wound.

"I-- I have to, Leo! It's the only way!" Hazel hissed on the verge of tears.

"The only way for what?!"

"The only way to save Fra--", Hazel started, but was knocked to the ground, cutting off her words. Calypso pinned her to the floor. Hazel grunted and struggled, freeing her right hand. She punched Calypso hard in the face, and she fell backwards, freeing Hazel.

Hazel picked up her sword and pressed the blade against Calypso's throat.

"Hazel stop!" She heard a voice yell.

Frank.