Piper

Piper

"Jason!" Piper cried back, in a hoarse voice. She fell into Jason's arms and started sobbing into his shirt. She squeezed him feeling like, if she let go, she would never see him again. Jason pulled away and stared into her eyes, his own filled with tears.

"I thought I'd never see you again!" He whispered, tears still rolling down his cheeks. "I love you."

And before she could answer, Jason pressed his lips against her's. Piper kissed him back for what seemed like eons. Jason finally pulled away as they heard approaching footsteps.

"Piper!" Leo shouted smiling. "You're alive!"

"Leo!" She smiled back.

Leo ran up and gave her a tight hug, laughing in joy.

"Piper!" "Pipes!" She heard Percy and Frank yell as they ran towards them.

Before she could respond, Piper heard a growling noise, and was tackled to the ground by a giant, furry monster. She screamed, and her head hit the ground hard.

"Piper!" She heard Jason yell before she blacked out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Piper woke up, Jason was standing next to her, facing away from her.

"Jason?" She croaked.

Jason whirled around. "Hey Pipes." He smiled warmly. He leaned down, and kissed her softly.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Hellhounds." He replied sounding annoyed. He helped her stand up. "The others are waiting for us."

"Where are we headed?" Piper asked.

"A quest." He said a little too quickly. Piper decided not to ask him where they were going. She knew that if Jason didn't want to tell her, she didn't need to know. They walked through the streets of Pylos, weeving through the croud. Piper was starting to sweat, and the heat blistered her skin.

"There it is!" Jason said, his voice ringing with fake enthusiasm.

Piper spotted Annabeth, Percy, Leo, and Frank were standing outside a huge temple. Annabeth looked up when she heard Jason, and ran towards them laughing.

"Gods! Are you okay?! I missed you sooo much! I hate being the only girl!" She cried.

Piper broke free from the hug, shocked. "The only girl? Where's Hazel?" Piper asked nervously.

Annabeth looked down. "I'll tell you when we get back to the ship." She answered grimly.

Piper was suddenly weary and alert. She didn't want Hazel to be dead. She would rather Hazel be....

Suddenly Piper knew what had happened. How Hazel had turned to Gaea's side, and how and why she did it, and how Piper was alive again.