Frank

Frank

Frank still couldn't believe it.

That Hazel had betrayed them. That she had blown up part of the deck. That she had stabbed Leo. Or that she had left him.

After she had left, Frank had collapsed onto the deck, weeping in his hands. He turned into a wolf, and started howling at the sky. Untill Annabeth came up and put a hand on his fury back. He growled at her, making her back away, looking a little worried.

"Frank, I--" She started but was interrupted by a lion, roaring in her face (a.k.a. Frank).

"Frank Zhang! Stop it! I know you're upset. We all are. But we have other problems right now, so you need to snap out of it right now!" Annabeth said raising her voice.

Frank turned back into human form and sighed. "I'm sorry, Annabeth. I just-- I can't believe she would do something like this!"

"Neither can I Frank. There must be a reason why." She answered calmly. "And were going to figure it out together."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank's friends were grim when they explained what had happened.

"I can't even imagine that happening! This is not like Hazel at all!" Percy exclaimed.

"There must be a good reason why." Annabeth guessed. "And I think there was more motive than getting her sight back."

Frank was barely paying attention. He was too busy thinking about what she had said to him; I'm sorry Frank. This is for your life. For his life? What was his life worth without Hazel? Nothing. He would just die. He couldn't live without her.

Frank suddenly realized something. He shot up from his chair, making everyone stare at him.

"This is for your life! So that's what she meant!" Frank shouted, causing everyong to jump.

"What Frank? What do you mean?" Annabeth asked confused.

"The last thing she said!" He repeated. "This is for your life!"

Realization dawned on Annabeth's face. "Gaea must've told her that Frank would die if she didn't turn!" She said, certain this time.

Frank sighed in relief. At least they knew she wasn't really their enemy. Then Frank thought of how determined she had sounded when she defeated Pasiphae in the House of Hades. The House of Hades. Frank smacked his forehead for forgetting.

"Uh, guys? Is it a bad time to bring up that my dead ancesters have been talking to me?"