thirty nine.

thirty nine.
lilystem.

There was no way I could convince Coco to not come with me.

"They will literally kill you. Rip you to tiny pieces and serve them to the apprentices for breakfast." I argued, spitting him threats that were no where near true. The clan would be fine with Coco's presence, but I wouldn't.

He only laughed at my threatening words. "I don't believe you. Based off of what your mother tells me, it sounds like it's not a very dangerous place," Coco fired back softly. "Look, I just want to walk you back. Just so I know you are safe and sound. Then, you'll never have to see me ever again." The slim tom beamed, twitching his whiskers.

Tired of the argument, I agreed. "Fine."

I wasn't happy that he was coming. But I couldn't do anything at this point.

All I wanted to do was go back to camp, fix up my leg and sleep for the next fifty moons.
But I couldn't.
I couldn't, knowing that Cherrystorm is intending to kill Driftingsky and believes that she killed me.

My mind still couldn't wrap around the fact that she had killed Petalheart. Cherrystorm claimed that she had stolen something from her. But what it was was beyond me. And honestly, my head hurt thinking about it all.

"It's getting dark, let's hurry up, alright?" Coco's voice snapped me out of my train of thought. I nodded in agreement, picking up the pace of my walk. My hind leg still killed me, but not enough for me to worry about it more than what Cherrystorm was planning to do.

Chills settled onto my pelt as the air fell colder. Darkness began to wash over the sky sooner than I was hoping, but we had made it across the border now.

I wanted to sprint as fast as I could back to camp and make sure everyone was alright, but I couldn't physically or mentally. Something was holding me back as my instincts kept me sharp.

"Something's wrong," I whispered to Coco, my nose catching the scents of a variety of cats. Then, I had remembered the night patrol. Mousedung.

Coco's ears perked, "What is it?"

"It's the patrol," I told him quickly, never easing my voice. I should be excited to greet the night patrol, but I didn't know if I could trust who was on it. "Lay low, follow my lead." I ordered softly, slinking into the dark shadows.

My nose picked up trail of scents, one more dominant than the rest. Driftingsky.