twelve.

twelve.
lilystem.

I laid on my back in the soft grass. I sighed in relaxation, shutting my eyes softly as the sun peaked through the leaves of the bushy trees.

Driftingsky had offered if I wanted to hunt with him in the territory for a little bit. I accepted, though, we didn't hunt at all. We just have been lounging in the soft grasses of the territory.

The grey tabby tom was also laying on his back next to me. He was just telling me a story about Mouseberry and how much louder she was as an apprentice.

I suppose I forgot to mention that Driftingsky and Mouseberry are siblings. Which is why they can often talk about murder theories and trust each other not to say anything. Petalheart and I had a trust like that too.

"So, any new information?" Driftingsky asked suddenly, his head tilting slightly to face me.

I could feel his gaze on me but I didn't look over at him. "Nothing much, really. Found out that Sunstreak isn't a suspect anymore." My eyes trained on the sky.

"Evidence?"

"There is none against her. She's a queen carrying kits and is now nursing a 'foster kit'. She doesn't even leave the nursery, forget leaving camp to murder a she-cat that she probably saw as her own daughter." I shook my head with a sigh.

He hummed. "Well we can cross her off the list. anyone else?"

"No one else for sure. Though, I did find out that Dustedpath and Cherrystorm have been trying to have kits." I mentioned, the information just now coming back to me, "Dustedpath really wants to be a father."

"This correlates, how?" Driftingsky smirked, his playful tone returning.

I couldn't help but to laugh softly, rolling over to my side to meet his gaze. "I guess it doesn't have any correlation. You just asked for information." I always felt like I was smiling whenever I talked to Driftingsky. He was just easy to talk to.

He now rolled on his side too. "Ole' dusty gonna be a papa?" He laughed aloud after his ridiculous sentence. I laughed too.

"You're crazy."

"Crazy huh? Listen to this." Driftingsky started, a permanent grin plastered upon his expression.

"Listening." I hummed softly.

"By the time we solve the murder, if neither of us have a mate, or kits or any kind of crush, I say we get together." Driftingsky's paw poked out to touch my shoulder.

I scoffed playfully, "Now I know you're crazy. we're never gonna catch the murderer if there actually is none to begin with."

He beamed. "Then I guess we aren't meant to be then, hm Lilystem?"