thirty seven.

thirty seven.
lilystem.

"My mother?" I blinked, sitting up significantly higher than I was before — and immediately regretting it as my back ached.

The tom slinked to my side, "Calm it down a bit, eh?" Coco comforted. "And yes, your mother. After you left the neighborhood she asked if I would make sure you made it back home safely," he looked down at me as I laid my back down on the ground again, "And I'm sure she's glad that I did! You are in shambles."

I rolled my eyes, "Thanks." I twitched my muzzle and glanced back at him, "Why would my mother send another kittypet after me just to make sure I was safe? I can handle myself." I snobbed, knowing fully that I needed his help. But, I was still offended that Clovertuft didn't think that I couldn't defend myself.

"Don't get the wrong idea, she just wanted to make sure you were okay. Especially considering what happened to Petalheart on her way back to the clan," Coco huffed in explaination.

My paws pushed onto the ground as I began to stand myself up slowly. Coco watched me as I tried out my bones and muscles.

"You know about Petalheart?" I questioned curiously.

He nodded. "Clovertuft is one of the few cats that I talk to in the neighborhood. One of her closest friends I guess." Coco sat down nearby and coiled his tail around his paws.

I continued to stretch out my joints, my hind leg throbbing uncomfortably but I refused to say anything. "But you seem so much younger than her, my age even." I assumed.

The chocolate furred tom simply chuckled at my comment. "Doesn't mean we can't be friends. Also, I'm definitely older than you." He laughed playfully.

I blinked, thinking. "Well it was nice talking to you Coco and I surely appreciate your help," I started, trying to straighten my posture, "But I really have to go." I admitted to the kind tom. And it was no lie, I had to get back to camp quickly.

"You kidding me? You're all scratched up, you should wash up back at our twoleg nests and make sure you're alright. Clovertuft would kill me if she found out you got hurt and I didn't bring you back to see her," Coco explained, narrowing his expression at me.

"Well then you can tell her that I make my own decisions," I snapped back, taking a step towards him, mindful of my leg, "If I don't get back now something bad could happen. I don't expect you to understand." I spat, referring to Driftingsky. I needed to get back to him before Cherrystorm does something she regrets.

Coco just looked at me, standing to his paws. "Very dramatic. But hey, I'm not gonna throw you on my back and drag you back to to your mother." He shrugged, licking a paw pad and drawing it behind his ear.

"Good," I commented.

"But I am going with you back to your camp."