twenty two.

twenty two.
lilystem.

I gaped. "Who!?" I exclaimed with both surprise and eagerness.

Driftingsky appeared to be sitting on the edge of his seat as well, as his gaze seemed to nudge Mouseberry on.

She gulped. "Cherrystorm."

"What?" Driftingsky and I's voices crossed.

Mouseberry nodded. "Sh-She overheard me talking to Petalheart about i-it. She then we-went to talk to m-me about it to see if it was true." Her explaination was brief, and essentially gave us no further leads, or so I thought.

Quickly, my gaze shifted to meet Driftingsky. His eyes were wide, greeting mine instantly. "Mates tell everything to each other, right?" He questioned.

"What makes you think I would know?" I counter questioned.

"O-Or me?" Mouseberry's tiny voice chimed. Oh Starclan, she is adorable.

"I have a theory," Driftingsky declared, moving in closer to Mouseberry and I.

"Do tell."

With a clearing of his throat, he began. "Cherrystorm hears about Petalheart being pregnant. Happy for her friend, she spreads the news to her beloved mate, Dustedpath. Dustedpath, upon hearing this, grows jealous as he wanted kits. And with this jealousy, he murders Petalheart and boom!" He whisper yelled, green eyes blazing, "Murder solved."

"It can't be that simple," I said.

"But, i-it could." Mouseberry stepped in, "It does make a bit of s-sense. He would have a motive this way."

I licked my chops, thinking. He does appear to have a reason, and he could've had the strong emotions at the wrong time.

"Lilystem."

Driftingsky's voice caused my focus to snap towards him. "Hm?"

"What are you thinking?" He hummed. I wanted to smile. I should've.

"I need to sleep on this."