twenty four.

twenty four.
lilystem.

Sunstreak went into labor late last night. After my talk with Cherrystorm, I did eventually end up spending time hunting alone. It was peaceful, but once I went to the warrior's den to sleep, Sunstreak's cries kept me from having a good night's rest.

I decided to sit outside of the medicine den and wait for her to finish her delivery. I didn't know if Mouseberry would allow for visitors yet, as Barkwillow and Sunstreak were the only ones in the den currently.

I must've waited for a while because I was woken up by Mouseberry outside of the den.
"She's calmed down now. Y-You can go in to see them if that's what you're waiting f-for."

I groaned, stretching from my sleep. Dawn fell upon the day as I entered the den.

Sunstreak laid in a nest with two newborn kits, Applekit and Kestralkit. She seemed happy to see me once I entered, and surprisingly, so did Barkwillow. I suppose the happiness that their newborn kits have given them automatically makes them content parents. I wonder if I'll ever have kits. I don't even know if I want any.

I had asked her what their names and genders were after congratulating them. Barkwillow told me that Applekit was male, and Kestralkit was female. Applekit reminded me of Sunstreak, his lighter pelt was sandy, yet very light brown. Kestralkit, on the other paw, had Barkwillow's brown pelt with light tabby markings. She reminded me of Acornpaw, too.

"They're beautiful," I smiled faintly, my eyes flickering across the nursery, "Where's Emberkit?" I asked. Sunstreak was currently caring for her newborns, and Emberkit was no where in the den.

Again, Barkwillow replied for his mate. "Mouseberry asked somecat to watch over her. I forget who.." He trailed off.

Please don't be Dustedpath again...

"Ah yeah, Antstar." He completed his thought.

I was a bit surprised that the leader of the clan had time to watch over a parent-less kit, but nonetheless, I was content with the fact that he was the one watching him.

"Ah, okay," I said with a smile, looking back down to Sunstreak, whom I caught sleeping. I laughed slightly under my breath. "She must be tired, I should leave you guys while she rests." I whispered, my eyes lingering on the squirming kits that fought for dominance by Sunstreak's belly.

Barkwillow nodded, sitting next to Sunstreak. "Thank you for coming, I'm sure she appreciates it." He smiled, looking to me.

My gaze shifted to him. I only nodded, no words needed as I exited the nursery.