three.

three.
lilystem.

I hadn't left the warrior's den. Cats flooded in and out at random times to check in on me. Antstar had sent Barkwillow in multiple times.

"You should eat. You probably haven't eaten anything since the patrol this morning," Barkwillow would say, taking a seat in the nest next to me. I sat, facing the rear of the den. The dark was much more comforting than seeing Petalheart's body out in the light.

"I'm alright," I would reassure the deputy.

He kept reminding me about drinking and eating. He told me that I was worrying Acornpaw. My apprentice, who happened to also be his daughter.

Then Cherrystorm would come in. She would be crying so hard that I could see her body tremble. Petalheart was a good friend of hers. I could tell she was trying to give me comfort I didn't need, but it ended up being that she was the one that needed it.

Dustedpath came next. He was on the patrol too, pretty shaken up at the sight. He gave his deepest condolences, and reminded me about the burial later tonight.

Scorchfur tried to get me to speak to him but I didn't. A hunch told me that he had grown an interest in me ever since we were made warriors together. Maybe something could've happened between us, but I certainly wasn't looking for anyone right now.

The only cat that came to see me once was Driftingsky, and his company was the most tolerable.

He told me about his day so far.
About how he slept in on accident.
How he helped Mouseberry pick a few herbs.

It felt normal.
and I liked that.

"Enough about me." Driftingsky huffed with a faint, half smile present. "I should get going. but you should talk to Mouseberry." He suggested, before getting up and leaving the den.

I considered it.