eight.

eight.
lilystem.

I feel like I'm losing everything. and it's not a great feeling.

"You know what would make you feel better?" Driftingsky questioned me, his head titled.

"What is that," I released a sigh of hopelessness.

"Beginning our investigation."

My head snapped towards him. I didn't say no. I didn't say yes. Apparently my expression was enough of an answer for him.

He nodded to himself. "Great, well, I've already got some leads." His posture straightened significantly.

"Wait," I started, "What? How?"

Driftingsky shrugged with a smirk. "I hear all... and I see all..." He trailed off mysteriously. His playful manner made me crack a smile.

"What do you know?"

"Well let's state the basics. Petalheart was found in a valley. We suspect that she was pushed off of the small cliff that's in the territory. It's a big enough of a drop that she could've been killed on impact." Driftingsky explained, his paw motioning along with him as he spoke.

I almost felt uncomfortable theorizing about how my dead sister died.

"So," he continued, "Someone else had to of been there with her. I say we ask where everycat was that night."

"That's ridiculous. Anyone who was guilty would lie."

"So then we catch them in the act." He fired back, his green eyes ablaze with determination. for once, I wanted to do something.

We started to observe our clanmates, looking for possible suspects.

"Barkwillow?" Driftingsky inquired.

"He couldn't have. He'a a father. With more on the way. I trust him." I was quick to defend him even though he took my apprentice away.

Driftingsky shrugged. "Okay then, Sunstreak."

"His mate? There's no way." I scoffed.

"Possible motive could be that she was jealous of Petalheart," he eyed me with a smirk.

"Every she-cat was jealous of Petalheart."

"You were?"

"...No."