fifteen.

fifteen.
lilystem.

It was dark out when I felt a paw nudge me from my rest. My eyes fluttered open, looking up. It was Driftingsky. "Time to go." He whispered before bounding out quietly of the warrior's den. The rest of the warriors remained sound asleep as we slipped out of the den.

We had to be careful at this time of night, as the night patrol still could be out. Driftingsky and I both don't know who's on it, but the night patrols are smaller in numbers than morning ones.

I trailed Driftingsky as we exited camp, heading out for the stream that ran in the territory. The night fell eerie, and for some reason I just didn't have a good feeling.

"Almost there." Driftingsky mumbled so that I could hear. I only nodded, the cawing of crows filling my ears. My eyes flashed upwards, the shadows of four crows flying above the trees capturing my anxious gaze.
"Lilystem," His voice made me tear my focus to him. His eyes were round, greener than I've ever seen them, especially in the dark. "You okay?"

"Yes," I confirmed quickly, clearing my throat. "Let's continue on before we run into the patrol," I pushed on, bounding ahead of him.

The stream was in our vision, and Mouseberry sat beside it quietly. Her grey pelt blended into the night well.

Driftingsky ran up to his sister, his pelt brushing against hers in greeting. I wasn't too far behind.

Mouseberry looked at me sympathetically, a faint smile hanging onto her facial expression. "T-Thank you for meeting me." She started.

"Of course," I nodded, speaking softly with the fragile feline.

"I've been wanting t-to tell you this for s-so long, Lilystem, b-but I j-just couldn't." Mouseberry's green gaze fell to the ground. "T-Things were happening, and I-I was s-scared." The more she spoke, the more her body shook. Driftingsky sat close by her, giving her cheek a lick.

Before I knew it, my paw extended as I placed it upon her own in comfort. "I know you were. but you can trust me, I won't do anything to scare you." I reassured, my heart pounding by the second.

The night was quiet, except for the occasional small breeze that caused the bushes to shake.

Mouseberry beamed, her other paw covering mine. "Petalheart," The name slipped out of her mouth easily.

I looked deeply into her eyes, even though she didn't look at me. Her eyes were trained to the side, watching one of the bushes shake. The wind wasn't blowing that hard, why was it shaking so much?

The medic cat sighed, "Petalheart w-was pregnant when she died."

Before I even got the chance to react, a blurry black-and-white figure emerged from the trembling bush, with it's teeth out and claws extended.