seventeen.

seventeen.
lilystem.

My mind was whirling. I thought my head was gonna explode.

"We don't have time. Mouseberry may be injured, we have to get her back to camp." I rushed out the words quickly, looking back towards her unconscious figure. Driftingsky was working on placing her on his back.

Scorchfur's eyes narrowed at the sight, "How am I going to explain to Antstar that the medicine cat was wounded during the warriors' night patrol?" I noticed another figure appear from behind Scorchfur, and I recognized him as Featherpaw, his apprentice.

"You'll think of something." I told him, turning away to return to Driftingsky. He had finished tugging Mouseberry onto his back. "You cool?"

"I'm... cool." He replied, his eyes shifting in the direction of camp. "Let's go." The tabby tom started to head back to camp, myself not far behind. I purposely didn't approach Scorchfur again so that I could have time to think.

Petalheart was pregnant? With kits? How could information like this not get to me? How did I not notice? Maybe pregnancy is an easier thing to hide than I thought. But, how? Who's the father? Was he even in the clan? Questions kept running through my mind. And I knew I would only receive few answers from Mouseberry, who was currently unconscious.

Pawsteps advanced towards me. "Lilystem," Scorchfur called, walking up to my side. "Explain to me now, or I'll have to tell Antstar about this." He warned cautiously.

"I'm aware, Scorchfur. Things are complicated right now, I wouldn't expect you to know." I replied, my pelt heating up from rising irritation.

"You're right. I wouldn't know because you don't talk to me anymore Lilystem. There comes a point where you can't sneak out of camp and not even-"

I stopped in my tracks. "Scorchfur, you're not my father, you're not my mate. You don't need to know everything about my life." My snappy tone came off harsher than I meant for it to be. "Mouseberry will explain everyone once she wakes up. Is that enough of an answer for you?"

I turned away from him and started trotting ahead again. His presence remained behind me instead of next to me.