fourteen.

fourteen.
lilystem.

"I don't think we're getting anywhere with this Driftingsky. We haven't gotten any closer and it's almost been a week." I told him, my tone laced with defeat. I paced back and forth in the warriors den. We were the only ones currently present.

He sat in a nest, his emerald eyes following my movements. "Maybe you haven't, but guess what I found out yesterday."

My head darted towards his figure. "What?"

"After you finished talking to Mouseberry, I came up to her a bit after. She was shaken up from your conversation, and opened up to me without hesitation. My plan worked as planned." He told me, his expression blank.

I shook my head, "I didn't mean to scare her."

"I know. But she knows something." He said.

I quickly trotted over to him, "What does she know?" My eagerness was clearly evident in my voice.

Driftingsky shrugged. "Dunno yet. She wants to speak to us later tonight. In the territory by the stream, after everyone else has turned in."

"Sounds...ominous." I commented bluntly, a bit uncomfortable thinking about the time and place Mouseberry had chosen.

His paw lifted onto my shoulder, a gesture I'd grown to know as his comforting mechanism. "It'll be fine. Mouseberry couldn't hurt a fly."

Of course she couldn't hurt a fly physically, but that didn't rule out emotionally, right? If the information that Mouseberry holds is that earth-shattering, I could find myself in a deeper hole than I'm in now.

"Get some rest. I'll wake you in the evening."