twenty seven.

twenty seven.
lilystem.

Driftingsky offered to walk me out of the territory. I accepted.

"Eat something before you leave so you don't have to worry about hunting on the way there," He suggested, trotting next to me as we made our way to the camp exit.

"Already did," I replied, gaze and mind set on leaving camp.

"Also, don't talk to strangers. Loners, rogues, no. At least stick to speaking to the kittypets." Driftingsky continued to warn me about plenty of things. I only half listened to him. I didn't mean to, it's just that my mind felt so boggled that I couldn't focus on one thing at a time.

"I know, Driftingsky. I'll be careful," I faintly beamed, stopping in my tracks once we hit the exit.

The grey tabby tom's expression fell blank, his eyes searching for something in mine. "Okay."

A shadowy grey figure appeared from behind him, "Lilystem." Scorchfur spoke.

Driftingsky looked up to the bigger tom, straightening his posture.

"Hi," I greeted Scorchfur, "I'm about to leave."

"I'm aware. I just wanted to wish you luck and good travels," He said softly, glancing to Driftingsky.

I showed him a small smile. "Thank you."

Scorchfur dipped his head in return, "Come back soon." He said before bounding away.

I didn't bother saying goodbye to anyone else as I didn't really care. Driftingsky continued to walk with me to the border, our small talk being too small for me to thoroughly enjoy it. However, he never failed to make me smile even the slightest bit.

In the blink of an eye, we reached the border. He turned to face me, "This is where we part ways young one," he spoke playfully.

"It's been a pleasure journeying with you, my good friend." I bowed my head, playing along with his game. After I lifted my head again, he pushed his face to the side of my chest, rubbing into my fur. His chin rested on my back, mine to his as well.

"Come back alive," Driftingsky murmured.

"I will," I hummed, my eyes shutting softly to enjoy the moment.