thirty two.

thirty two.
lilystem.

With perked ears, I looked back to my mother.

"After hearing stories that Petalheart had told me, I began see how much I've been missing. At the time, I was okay with it." Clovertuft admitted, shrugging. "I loved living with my twolegs, I loved being called Snowball. But after seeing you again, I felt that feeling that Petalheart had given me with every visit." She explained, lost in her own words.

I listened to her. I actually listened.

"But this time, it was stronger." She said, a laugh escaping from her muzzle. "I miss that."

"You can come back," I spoke quickly, glancing at her in an instant, "Antstar, he'd let you be apart of the clan again. I know it."

Clovertuft released a small snicker, "Oh Antstar, that tom." Her comment caused me to furrow my brows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I questioned in curiosity.

Her eyes glinted softly, a hint of confusion washing over her expression. "Petalheart talked about that tom non-stop. She would dance around the yard and talk until the day's end about him." Clovertuft explained lightheartedly, her words bringing a smile to her face. "I think she loved him."

A shiver ran down my spine as my body grew alert. All of a sudden, everything connected and clicked in my brain. My gaze widened, mouth falling open. "Antstar is the father!" I popped up and onto my paws.

Clovertuft tilted her head, "You didn't—"

"I have to go!" I exclaimed, unintentionally cutting my mother off from her sentence.
My paws brushed up against the wet grass as I started for the small hole in the fence.

"Lilystem, wait!" She called after me, and I immediately came to a halt. I had forgotten. I turned, facing her as she jogged to meet me again. "You're leaving? So soon?"

I released a shaky breath. "I don't want to leave you," I admitted aloud, "But after learning so much from this, there are things I have to take care of back home." I briefly explained, anxious to get back to camp.

She looked as if she was going to say something, but didn't. Clovertuft only nodded, pulling me close for a hug. I embraced the gesture, shutting my eyes tightly as my body buried into her fluffy fur. "Come with me," I whispered.

"I can't. Not yet," my mother replied with a hushed voice. Soon enough, she pulled away from me. "Do what you have to. But please, come back to me." Clovertuft said, her paw drawing behind my ear as her eyes began to fill with happy tears.

"I will," I promised, taking a final glance at her before turning around and heading for home.