twenty five.

twenty five.
lilystem.

At this point, needing to know Petalheart's killer loomed over me like a tree to its shadow. The more information we found, the more complicated things became.

I paced in the clearing, coincidentally in front of the nursery. I'd told myself to stop soon, as my anxiousness would show to the rest of the clan. I needed to speak to someone.

Not Driftingsky. He's been a huge help, but, he doesn't quite understand what I'm going through.

Mouseberry would only try to sooth my anxiousness, her comforting words only staying with me for a few hours before I remembered again.

Scorchfur was no help at this point, and I worried he was untrustworthy now.

Antstar was a possibility.

But in my head I knew who I needed to talk to. The cat that knew Petalheart's secret hopes and desires. Sure, Cherrystorm knew her like the back of her paw, but it seemed to me that Petalheart told Sunstreak everything.

I marched to the nursery, finding Sunstreak and her kits inside like I had last night. Thank Starclan she was awake.

"Morning Lilystem," She yawned.

"Morning," I replied, my tone rather defeated.

Sunstreak sensed my anxiety almost instantly. "What's the problem, sweetheart?" Her voice was sweet and smooth, like honey.

"I can't get Petalheart out of my head," I rushed the words out of my mouth, afraid that if I didn't say them aloud then they'd be trapped in my mind forever.

She sighed, her motherly aura giving me the comfort I needed. "I know you've been dealing with this pain for a while, Lilystem. It's not good for you to keep all of this built up inside of you." The mother warned softly.

"I know," For some reason, my paws began to shake, so I sat down.

"I know what you need," Sunstreak started, her eyes filled with concern.

"What?" I whispered.

A faint smile was apparent on her face. "You need what Petalheart had needed ever since you were made warriors," if she wasn't laying on her side, I know that she would've stepped closer to me to comfort me.

"Your mother." The words finally left her mouth, and every muscle in my body loosened. My mother.

"Clovertuft," I managed to say. The name hasn't rolled off of my tongue in moons.

Sunstreak looked at me with narrowed eyes, "Now, you go see your mother. She lives now in the big blue Twoleg nest. Petalheart would tell me of the small hole that the twolegs never fixed in the fence, that's your way in." She explained.

Yes, this is what I needed.
The comfort from my own mother.