thirty five.

thirty five.
driftingsky.

I hadn't really known when Lilystem was planning on coming back. She never said when.

As soon as I left her in the territory, I went back to camp to continue the investigation. Sure, Lilystem was absent and digging into personal things for herself, but that didn't mean I wouldn't continue investigating on my part.

However, after a full day of no excitement, I went to sleep hoping that she'd return soon. I almost felt as if she was close by. Nah, probably just my hopes invading reality.

That morning was just as boring as I thought it would be without her here. She'd been gone for about a full day now, and I wondered how long I should wait until I could start to worry.

I walked in the clearing, my pads feeling the dewy grass from the rain yesterday. Taking a breath, I looked up from the ground to see Cherrystorm walking into camp. She seemed tired.

"Morning Cherrystorm," I greeted with a grin to cheer her up, hoping some conversation would distract me from my thoughts.

"Morning," She responded, her happy tone trying to show through. The calico attempted to walk past me quickly, but something in particular caught my eye.

I narrowed my gaze, stopping her. "What happened to your muzzle?" I pointed with a paw. She appeared to have a nasty cut, with dried blood mottled over it.

Cherrystorm looked up to me, drawing a fast paw over her nose. "Oh! It's nothing. Just got a bit scratched up while hunting this morning is all." She beamed.

"Oh, I didn't know there was a hunting patrol this morning," I said, a bit bummed that I wasn't asked to go on it.

"There wasn't. It was just me," The she-cat said, seeming to be a bit annoyed with the conversation now.

I hummed, raising a cat brow.

"Nice speaking to you, Driftinsky." Cherrystorm beamed, before trotting off to most likely find Dustedpath.

I brushed it off, rolling into the soft grasses of the clearing and staring up at the cloudy skies.