eleven.

eleven.
lilystem.

It's only been a few days since Petalheart's presence has been missing from the clan. Everyone else is starting to get back into routine. I, on the other paw, am still trying to get back to my usual self.

Antstar assigned me to his patrol. Usually Barkwillow leads the patrols but Antstar insisted that he would take this one. Dustedpath is coming too. I'm aggravated with him for stealing my apprentice.

"Wonderful morning for a patrol isn't it?" Antstar commented contently. I only nodded along.

Dustedpath padded beside Antstar, while I hung back behind the two. "It is! Perhaps I'll take Acornpaw out for a training session today."

Well, that was cold.

"It would be a lovely day for that." Antstar said, his golden eyes glowing in the sunlight. He was an attractive cat I would say, but I don't see him in that way.

Silence fell upon our small patrol for a few moments. Blabbermouth Dustedpath was the one to break it. "Cherrystorm has been in and out of the medicine cat's den. I've been worried for her."

"Is she sick?" Antstar asked, concern evident in his tone.

He shook his head. "I'm not sure. you see, we've been trying to have kits for some time. I've been thinking that maybe this could be it this time." Dustedpath shrugged.

Antstar perked up a bit. "That's fantastic, Dustedpath! I would give you my congrats, but I suppose we won't know for sure until Mouseberry can confirm." He mentioned, eyes flickering to the tan tom.

My ears were standing up straight as I listened in quietly to their conversation. It wasn't any of my business at all, but I love a good gossip.

"Of course," Dustedpath nodded, "I just can't wait to have kits of my own."

I narrowed my eyes at the tom. He was looking forwards, so he couldn't see the glares I was driving into his back. Something about him recently has been ticking me off. Eh. I'll get over it as soon as he closes his big mouth.