Epilogue

THREE MONTHS LATER

BEA POV

"Are you sure you didn't pack rocks in this box?" Ryker asked sarcastically as he placed one of the last boxes on my small, twin bed. 

"Oh hush you, we're done aren't we?" I said. 

"Yeah for now, but we have to do this again in May and then for the next three years" Dad pitched in.

The day had finally come, it was move in day to college. Ryker's school already started a few days earlier, but he managed to sneak out to come up to New York with me to help move me in to school. 

I had finally finished bringing up all my stuff and had decorated my room a little. I made my bed, hung up lights and put up pictures of my friends, family, and Ryker of course.

The room was small, much like I expected a dorm to be, but its small size was redeemed by the gorgeous view of the city that I had. Cars filled up the view with a constant flow of people walking all about. It would definitely be something to get used to, going from the suburbs to a major city like this, but I was really excited. 

My roommate wasn't here yet, but we had been communicating all summer and it would be nice to finally meet her in person, but for now it was nice to settle in and get used to everything myself before school really started. 

"Well I think that's everything Bumble Bee". Dad said. 

Mom looked at me and then at Ryker, "Let's all get an early dinner before the three of us head out first, but why don't you two go for a walk and Bea you can get acquainted with the city. We'll meet you in a half hour". 

Ryker nodded, "Yeah that would be great. Bea shall we?".

I nodded and followed him out the door. We were quiet for the first few minutes, taking in the always busy sights of the city and enjoying the warm August day. Finally we walked to an area that was quiet and had a bench. 

"Well, how are you feeling?" Ryker asked, turning to face me. 

"Terrified, but also super excited".

Ryker smiled, "You are going to do amazing things here, I'm not worried in the slightest bit. What's terrifying you?"

"Honestly? It's being apart from you. We've always been together and we finally reached this new level of closeness in the past year, and I don't want to lose this".

He took my hands and scooched in closer to me. "Lose this? I think if anything this year has showed us that we are never going to lose this. We've been through hell and back and we're still here, together, and stronger than ever".

"But we're going to be hundreds of miles apart. You're telling me that doesn't scare you? Even a little?".

He shook his head. "You Beatrix Turner are my constant in life, and nothing is going to change that". 

And in that moment, everything was going to be okay, I had him as my constant.