Chapter 20

BEA POV

In ten seconds my heart broke. Ryker kissed someone else. Not just anyone else, but Ari, the one person I really don't like. I thought I was going to see him and we'd start where we left off. But apparently he had a different idea. 

As soon as I saw their lips touch, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to leave the party. That's why now I was at home in my pajamas, ready to creep into my Mom's room. 

I knocked on her door gently. 

"Come in!" She called. Her room was dark but illuminated by the television but when she saw me she flicked on the light switch. "Hey, I thought you wouldn't be home for at least another hour or so- hey what's wrong?" She asked, noticing my frown. 

"Ryker kissed someone else at midnight." I said sadly, my eyes getting glossy again.

She gave me a sympathetic look, "Oh honey I'm so sorry." She patted the bed, "Come sit and tell me everything." 

I climbed in and told her everything that had happened. 

RYKER POV

"So do you wanna go somewhere quieter?" Ari asked flirtatiously. 

"What?" I asked distractedly, my eyes still scanning for a particular dirty blonde girl. 

She grabbed my arm, "I said, do you want to go somewhere quieter. Somewhere we can be alone?" She clarified, slightly annoyed. 

It was in that moment that I felt myself wake back up to reality and the gravity of what I had just done sunk in. I kissed someone else and I hurt Bea and I had to find her. 

I turned to Ari who was still hanging on me. "I'm sorry Ari, I can't do this. I have to go." I said.

"What the fuck? I'm here and you're going to turn me down?" Ari stopped me, her eyes furious.

I would have laughed if I wasn't in such a hurry to find Bea. "I'm sorry Ari, but yes." With that I excused myself and started searching in every spot around my house trying to find her. 

I spotted Miranda first so I decided maybe she would know where Bea was. 

"Miranda, do you know where Bea is?" I asked. 

She looked up at me and shook her head, "No sorry." 

I turned away and looked one more time, seeing Jared making out with some random girl. I felt so stupid, she wasn't into Jared. I just jumped to conclusions and now I hurt her. By now I assume she just went home and I felt awful. I needed to see her, but I couldn't leave my house until everyone was gone. 

BEA POV

Sleep was an impossible task for me right now. Ryker kissing Ari kept replaying in mind over and over again like a horror movie. Ryker has called me over ten times and left me over forty messages but I didn't dare answer or look at the texts. I didn't trust myself to not fall apart all over again. 

I was grateful for another four days of vacation so I could stay home and avoid Ryker. 

~~~~~~~~~BREAK~~~~~~~~~

The next day I woke up exhausted, I only managed to get about an hour and half of sleep last night. I walked downstairs to find my Mom in the kitchen cooking. 

"Good morning sweetheart. How are you feeling?" She asked quietly. 

"Exhausted, heartbroken.." I answered. 

"I'm sorry honey. A broken heart is the worst feeling. I'm making some pancakes for you and I thought we could have a movie marathon." She said. 

I smiled and hugged her tightly, hoping the ache in my chest would start to fade soon. 

RYKER POV

The party didn't end until about 3:30 a.m. and by then I was exhausted. Bea wouldn't answer and didn't reply to any of my messages. I decided that she would only be madder if I went over there in person so I knew that I should just wait until the morning.

Now it was 10 AM and I needed to head over and see her. Her mom's car was in the driveway so I was hoping she was in there.

I knocked on the door gently and stood back. 

After about a minute of waiting her Mom opened the door. "Hey Mrs. Turner." I greeted, "Is Bea home?" I asked, trying to peer around her head to see if I could catch a glimpse of her. 

She looked at me with slight anger on her face, "Sorry Ryker, I don't know if she really wants to see you right now." She answered honestly before shutting the door on me. 

AN: Sorry this is kind of a boring filler chapter. But it will pick up again!