Chapter 25

BEA POV

"That will be $5.00." I told the small boy who stood in front of me. He eagerly took out his wallet and handed me a crumpled up bill. I smiled at him, "Thank you, your roses will be delivered at tomorrow's freshman lunch." I told him, and he nodded before scurrying off. 

"Did we ever really look that young?" Miranda asked as we walked the boy disappear into the sea of students. 

"Apparently. It's hard to believe though. Young love is cute though" I said as I deposited the money in the safe we had. 

"Speaking of young love, what do you and Ryker have planned for V-Day?" Miranda said, wiggling her eyes suggestively. 

I rolled my eyes, "Get your mind out of the gutter girl. We're going to the school dance." I answered, swinging my backpack over my shoulder as our shift was over for now. 

"And that's it? Bea you and Ryker have been best friends since birth and have finally gotten together, and you're telling me that all your doing is going to a lame school dance?"

"You mean the dance that you and I are on the planning committee for?" 

"Shut up you know what I mean. Are you at least doing an after dance celebration?" She winked at me. 

I shook my head, "We haven't even discussed that yet." I whispered to her. 

"What? With former class playboy?' I shot her a look. 

'Sorry. But what you haven't discussed it? He does know that you're not a virgin right?" She asked. 

I shrugged, "I never told him, so probably not. But it doesn't matter because he's definitely not a virgin either." 

At that moment I saw Ryker walking up to meet us as we all had the next class together. 

"Hey spirit committee." He said cheerfully. 

"Hey you." I said, leaning into him. 

"What were you two ladies discussing?" 

Miranda and I looked at each other. "Nothing." 

Ryker just smirked. "Alright." 

Miranda started to file into class and I started behind her when Ryker gently placed his hand on my arm to stop me. 

"Hey Bea, are you still angry about earlier? About what happened between me and Jared?" He asked quietly. 

I shook my head, "No, I just wish you would stop being so jealous of Jared." I told him honestly. 

He crossed his arms, "I'm not jealous of that tool." 

I tilted my head at him. "Name calling is a sign of jealousy. But seriously, you have no reason to be jealous of him. I'm with you and I couldn't be happier." I told him, reaching up to cup his cheek. 

He gave me a shy smile. It was rare, these moments, with Ryker being insecure and worried. It was also humbling and kind of a relief to see that he was as into this relationship as I was. 

"So now that that's settled, let's get into class and enjoy the rest of this cupid week." I said, wrapping an arm around his waist. 

-----BREAK-----

BEA POV

Friday came quickly and I had to admit I was pretty excited to see if Ryker had anything special planned. I was also a little nervous that he wouldn't do anything at all. Even though this was our first Valentine's day as a couple, I had been friends with him for my whole life, meaning I knew how he treated previous girlfriend's for Valentine's day.

 Ryker wasn't know to be a super romantic guy, so I wondered if I was the exception. 

No matter how Ryker felt about the day, I was an incurable romantic and loved the holiday. I had a dress for tonight but today I decided I was going to wear a bright red sweater with a high waisted black skirt and black tights. My hair was straightened and I decided to wear a little bit more makeup than usual. 

I finished my look and headed downstairs to wait for Ryker. 

"Good morning Bea." Mom greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. 

"Morning. Don't you have work today?" I asked. 

She shook her head, "Don't you remember, your father is coming home tomorrow? I need to get things settled and ready." 

My heart thudded so loudly that I thought even Mom could hear it. "Tomorrow?" 

Mom nodded and stepped closer to me, "Are you okay with that honey? You look upset." She scanned my face quickly, like a concerned mother does. 

I cleared my throat and stood up straighter. "Yeah I'm fine. I've just been so busy with cupid week that I must have lost track of time." 

She searched my face one more time, "You'd tell me if you weren't okay right?" She cupped my face looking me straight in my eyes.

I mustered up the biggest smile that I could. "Yeah Mom." 

My phone buzzed, distracting us both. 

"Ryker: Hey Bea, happy day of love! I'm sorry for last minute notice, but I have a dentist appointment I totally forgot about, so I won't be able to pick you up. I'll see you at school later! Love you <3.

I looked back up at Mom who was now back to making her breakfast. "Something wrong?" She asked, noticing me staring at her. 

"Ryker has an appointment so he can't drive me to school today. Do you think you could drive me?"

She nodded, "Sure, let me just get my keys." 

I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, but hoped tonight he would make up for it.

RYKER POV

Today was Valentine's day and I was determined to make it special for Bea. I never made a big deal, or any deal, about valentine's day in the past for any of my exes, but Bea was different. She was the one for me. 

I felt bad lying to her about having a dentist appointment, but I wanted to really surprise her. I told her Mrs. Turner that I wanted to do something special for the day and she agreed to lend me a house key so I could get into their home to surprise her. 

I wanted to make this a great day for her, one she would never forget.