Chapter 31

BEA POV

BUZZ BUZZ!

"Ugh..." I groaned, trying to find my phone on my bedside table. "Hello?" I said, my voice raspy. 

"Be ready in 10 minutes." I heard Ryker's voice say before hanging up. 

Slowly I rose out of bed and looked at the clock which read 6:30 A.M.. "Ugh Ryker it's freaking 6:30 on a Sunday." I groaned to myself. I headed to my dresser and quickly went to get changed. Since I knew we were headed to see Ryker's parent I knew I couldn't dress like a complete slob, so I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a grey sweater and quickly hopped into the bathroom to apply some makeup and brush my hair. 

I then headed downstairs to pull on my shoes when I heard honking from outside. I grabbed my coat as it was still slightly cold this March. I ran outside and waved my hands at Ryker. "Stop honking, you'll wake up my Mom." 

"Sorry." He said sheepishly, giving me a peck on the cheek as I slid in his car.

"It's fine. But may I ask why you woke me up at 6:30 on a Sunday?" 

"We're going to find my parents!" He said enthusiastically, pulling the car out onto the road. 

"But at 6:30 in the morning?" I complained. 

"They live in Greendale about  an hour and forty minutes away. I want to get there early enough to have time to hopefully meet them or wait until they come home." He answered. He briefly looked over at me, "But since it's so early, I'll stop and buy you a muffin." 

"Deal. But I'm also picking the radio station too."

-----------BREAK-------

RYKER POV

"It looks like you take the next right and then you turn left on to Sigmore Street." Bea instructed me. 

"Okay thanks." I replied. Nerves were gnawing at my stomach and I could feel my armpits sweat up. I wanted this to go well so badly but I had no idea what was to come. All I could count on was that Bea was right there beside me.  

As if she knew my thoughts, she squeezed my hand. "Just breath Ryker. I'm here with you." She said in that soothing voice of hers. 

I soon pulled on to Sigmore Street, the street where my birth parents lived on. It's a long dead end street that was very cozy and homey, much like the street that Bea and I live on.  "It's 48 right?" 

"Correct." 

We drove halfway down the street when we made it to house number 48. I parallel parked across the street and put the car in park. The house was large, about the size of my house and was a earl gray color with white shutters. The lawn was neatly manicured and I imagined was just gorgeous in the spring time. In the driveway there were two cars parked, a sedan and an SUV. 

"Well they sure have a beautiful house." Bea commented as she unbuckled her seatbelt. 

"And they're cars aren't bad either." I said. 

"Do you want to go knock?" She asked. 

"It's seems like that's the obvious next step."

"Do you want me to go up there with you or wait? 

"No I need you with me." 

She smiled at me and cupped my hand, "Okay, let's do this." 

I stepped out of my car and joined Bea, grasping her hand for support. We walked over in silence and we stepped up on the steps. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, giving three prompt knocks. Wishin a moment the door swung open, and there stood a woman. She was about 5'5" with long brunette hair, similar to my color. She was carrying a toddler on her hip, whose face was eerily similar to mine as a child.

"Hi, can I help you?" The woman asked, looking between the two of us. 

Before I could speak up,  we heard a voice behind the woman. "Mom!" another child's voice called. 

"One second sweetheart I'm talking to someone at the door." She replied back. 

Soon there was pitter patter and an older child, a boy, appeared behind the woman. 

"Sorry,' she apologized, 'What can I do for you?" She re-asked. 

My heart was pounding so hard I could feel it vibrate through my whole body. It was now or never. "I'm Ryker Adams." 

The woman's face paled instantly. "Steven!" She called, her voice panicky. "Come in." She said. I looked at Bea whose face was blank, letting me make the decision. 

And in the house we went.