Chapter 34

AN: I don't own Princeton!

1 Week Later

BEA/NARRATOR POV

Things had been pretty normal ever since Ryker had talked to his parents about his encounter with his birth parents. Now we were just focused on enjoying the rest of our senior year, and hopefully getting some college acceptance letters soon. 

BEA/REGULAR POV

"I got two over the weekend." 

"Congratulations!" 

I overheard two girls from my grade walking in front of me in the hallway talking about college acceptance letters. I sighed a little bit, I still hadn't heard back from any colleges. I did regular decision on my application, but I really had thought that I would have heard back from at least one by now. I couldn't help but worry as I really wanted to know that I was going somewhere. 

"Hey Bea!" Miranda greeted me as she fell into step with me. 

"Hey, you're looking awfully cheerful today." I commented, noting the beaming smile on her face and the extra spring that was in her step. 

"Well... I got into Princeton!" She shouted, barely unable to contain herself. 

"Oh my god! That's amazing,' I said, pulling Miranda into a tight hug, 'Congratulations!" I said as we continued walking to our class. 

"I'm still in shock, I can't believe it. My first acceptance letter and it's from Princeton, that's all I wanted". 

"That's so great Mir, I'm really proud of you". I told her. 

"Thanks Bea. So what about you? Have you heard back from any colleges yet?" She asked. 

I shook my head, I was now kind of embarrassed as my best friend had just been accepted to an ivy league school and I hadn't even gotten one lousy letter yet. 

"That's okay,' She nudged me gently, 'Don't fret Bea, it's still early and you have until May to decide".

"Are you sure it's not bad that I haven't hear anything yet?" I asked. 

"Positive. I'm sure you'll start to hear back any day now. You're smart Bea, you're going to get into schools" She said encouragingly.

"Thanks Mir". We had just made it to our class. 

"Of course. What are friends for?". 

----BREAK----

The rest of the day went by quickly without any major events happening. Ryker dropped me off at my house and then left as he had to go to work. 

I figured I'd check my mailbox to see if there was anything there for me, and there it was - two white large envelopes.