Chapter 6

AN: Language, suggestive content, and sensitive scene!

P.S. I don't own the Chesire Cat

BEA POV

The date with Jared went really well. Or well, it went good. I was a bit over-dressed for where went to dinner, we went to a loud and busy pizza restaurant that he said he often went to with his football team. The pizza though was really delicious so I had a nice time. 

I got to know all about Jared as he talked pretty much the whole time, but I was just enjoying the view of him. His gorgeous green eyes gleamed under the fluorescent lights. I was completely mesmerized by them.

I got back around ten and then everything went south. 

Both my parents cars were home, and I was just praying that once they could be quietly watching television, in bed, or anything really as long as it didn't involve fighting and Dad drinking. 

I stepped inside the house and immediately I noticed that the table where we put our keys in the front hall was knocked down. I sighed and bent down and slowly lifted it into upright position. 

"Did you fuck him?" 

I shot up right and whipped around to the voice. It was my father leaning against the wall. His eyes were bloodshot and were rimmed with purple bags. His hair was disheveled and his shirt and pants were wrinkled. 

"Of course not." I answered firmly. 

He gave me a Chesire Cat like grin and stepped off the wall. 

"Don't lie." He snapped. 

"Dad, please." I said quietly, stepping sideways trying to make my way to the stairs. 

"I bet you did. I bet you just hopped in the back of his car and let him fuck you anyway he wanted." He said slowly, making his way closer to me. 

"You're just a little slut. Just like your mom." He was right in front of my face and I was backed up against the stair handrails. 

"Please stop." I begged quietly, feeling a hot tear roll down my face. 

"What you don't like that I can actually see you as you truly are?" He laughed bitterly. I finally squeezed past him and ran up the stairs to my room and locked the door behind me. 

-----------

RYKER POV

I couldn't sleep for some reason. I tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable and put my mind to rest. I wondered if Bea was awake.

I quickly pulled out my phone and shot Bea a text. She was probably asleep but I figured I'd give it a shot. Whenever both of us couldn't sleep we'd slip out of the house and go for a walk together.

Ryker: Are you up?

Almost instantly I got a reply. 

Bea: Yeah. Can't sleep. 

Ryker: Meet me outside.

I sent the text and quickly got out of bed throwing on a pair of sneakers and slipping on a sweatshirt.

The air was a little cool but I felt alright in my gym shorts. I headed in the direction of Bea's house so I could meet her. 

She quietly shut her front door behind her and jogged over to me. Wordlessly we began walking.

"So how was your date?" I asked after a few minutes of silently walking. 

"It was good." She answered simply. 

I poked her shoulder. 

"Seriously Bea? 'It was good.' That's it? C'mon we've been best friends forever and that's all you give me?"

She smiled. "We went to Joe's Pizza House. He loves it because he always goes there with his team. The date was nice. He talked a lot but he was polite, it was good. He said we should do it again sometime."

"That's great Bea, I'm happy for you." I told her sincerely, I really only wanted the best for Bea. She was the best person on the planet as far as I was concerned. She smiled at me and squeezed my arm. She then slightly shivered and I quickly unzipped my sweatshirt and draped it over her small shoulders. 

"Thank you."

We walked a little further. Bea was too quiet. Something was bothering her, I could tell.

 "You would tell me if he did bad right?" I asked quietly. 

"Of course. Why would you ask me that?" 

"You're so quiet... Did something happen? What's wrong?" I asked her gently. 

BEA POV

I couldn't tell him about my father. He knew that my father was an alcoholic, or well that he used to be, but when my Dad attempted to get sober about four years ago, we all thought it was the end. Dad had been sober for a while, it was only within the past four months that it had started up again. 

I couldn't tell him that my Dad had started drinking again, or that it was worse than it has ever been. It was embarrassing. And he would only worry. I loved that Ryker cared so much and wanted to protect me, he really was the best friend ever, but I didn't want to worry him, there was really nothing he could do. 

"Bea?" Ryker said, trying to get my attention. 

I mustered the biggest smile I could. "Nothing happened. I'm good really." I lied. 

He nodded like he didn't really believe me but knew not to push it at this moment. 

"We should probably head back." I said quietly. 

Ryker nodded, "Yeah, that's probably a good idea." He said. 

We walked back to our houses in silence.