Chapter 4

BEA POV

My head was still dizzy as I shut the door behind me. I could not believe what just happened, but I was hoping he really would text me. I locked the door behind me and kicked off my shoes quietly. I went to the kitchen to get myself a cup of water before bed when something caught my  eye. 

There was my Dad passed out on the kitchen table. I sighed- nothing lasted. 

I headed upstairs, and turned the light off, hoping sleep would come soon. 

RYKER POV

The next morning I woke up with a pounding headache and sunlight practically blinding me. I slowly sat up, my head hurting more, and I was disoriented as I did. I was on the floor the house where the party was last night. There were a few other stray people asleep and quietly getting up. That's when I realized that I had completely forgotten about Bea. Shit!

I  whipped out my phone and groaned. Bea had left dozens of texts and calls last night. She was probably pissed at me, and had every right to be. 

I stood up and headed to my car to to go home. 

I debated going to Bea's house first, but I felt so sick from everything I drank last night so I figured I'd go home first and then come by later and apologize. 

BEA POV

I woke up the next morning feeling really good. Though the party itself wasn't that great I had a an amazing evening because Jared finally noticed me. I still couldn't believe that he talked to me and notice me that I felt like I was about to burst. I had to talk to someone about it. 

Luckily Miranda was also a morning person like me, so I called her up and asked if she wanted to go out for breakfast. 

I borrowed my mom's car and drove to Miranda and I's favorite place to eat, a small diner called Nichols's Place. Seeing Miranda's car in the parking lot, I quickly parked my mom's car and trotted inside. Miranda was seated at our usual booth and waved me over when she saw me. 

"So tell me everything!" Miranda demanded as soon as I sat down. 

I laughed. "Okay, but the end is when it gets interesting." I started.

-----------------------------------------------------

After eating our weights in pancakes, bacon, and sausage, I finally finished telling Miranda every detail of last night. 

"Wow, that's so weird... but totally amazing." Miranda responded. 

I nodded, taking a sip of my juice. "It was the weirdest thing. I was just texting and there he was, like an angel. I have no idea how or why he noticed me last night, but he did, and it was great." I couldn't stop the crazy grin that was spreading across my face as I reminisced about last night. 

"So are you gonna text him?" She asked. 

I quickly shook my head. "No that's terrifying! I'm hoping he'll text me." I admitted. Then my phone buzzed, relieving my stress and making my stomach flutter. 

RYKER POV

After taking some pain reliever and drinking two bottles of water, my headache was slightly starting to ease. 

It was a really nice day so I decided I'd just walk over to Bea's place. I decided to knock since I wasn't sure if she was annoyed with me or not. I knocked on the door gently and waited. A minute later the door slowly opened halfway. Mrs. Turner's head peeked behind the door which was partially closed. 

"Hey Ryker," She greeted softly, but politely. 

"Good morning Mrs. Turner. Is Bea awake?" I asked. 

"She's not home Ryker. I'm sorry to be blunt, but nows not really a good time." She said, closing the door. 

"Okay." I said to the closed door. 

I was confused, and a little worried. Where could Bea possibly be? Was she actually inside? What was going on in the Turner's home?

I quickly pulled out my phone and shot Bea a text. 

Ryker: Where are you??

A few minutes later I got a reply. 

Bea: Out with Miranda... why?

Ryker: I just wanted to make sure you got home okay last night... I'm so sorry that the party ended like that. I got carried away... I can make it up to you tonight, food and movie marathon tonight? 

Bea: Sounds good, but I can't... I've got plans tonight. 

I felt a weird pang in my stomach. Who did she have plans with? 

BEA POV

Miranda and I finished our breakfast and decided to head to the mall. We both drove our cars separately because the mall was only about 15 minutes away from us. 

I had gotten a text from Jared asking if I wanted to go out tonight. I waited a few minutes because I didn't want to seem desperate, but then said yes. He was picking me up at 6:30 and we were going to go out for dinner. 

I begged Miranda to come to the mall with me to try and find something to wear tonight. I wanted to look good for Jared.

We were at my favorite store currently, but nothing seemed good enough. "C'mon Bea, we've been looking for an hour. There's got to be something you like." Miranda said. I pushed through racks and racks of clothes.

"I just want to look perfect!" I exclaimed.  

I then stopped in my tracks, there it was -- the perfect outfit.