Shrugging it off

Freya's POV

    "It was a collection of rare edition CD's and a copper dress I had wanted...that's what they were trying to pick up for me. It was a gift for my recital."

     Fred and George stopped walking, they exchanged a guilty look-after Fred's little confrontation, the two were cautious about everything they did. Today we decided to get out of the house and take a trip to the market place. I smiled at them before walking on, it was brisk out today-not chilly, but just cool enough that you needed a jacket.

    I nodded as we came to the entrance of an old looking subway, I smirked slightly as the boys realized that the stairs were basically demolished.

     With quick steps I made it down, skipping between the few steps that remained; that's what made this place perfect for a plaza for wizards to shop safely-no muggle would be dumb enough to try and come down here. We continued walking until we came to a rather old looking wall, I tapped it once with my wand and it opened without hesitation, I heard the boys suck in a surprise gasp of air.

    Wizard's Paradise as I liked to call it, was not your typical shopping venue, the entrance was located in a subway but the moment you walked through the door you were out in the open yet again. It was crowded for a Saturday morning but I supposed it was to be expected, there must be over a hundred stores around this plaza-it was a huge place.

      "Freya, we really are sorry about everything. We didn't mean anything by it," George stated lamely.

      "I told you both two weeks ago that it's perfectly fine, I'm use to it." I shrugged slightly.

      "Well, you shouldn't be," Fred muttered darkly. I shrugged lightly. I was use to people bombarding me with questions about that night. With my brother being a moderately known quidditch player, people wanted to know all about his life and his fatal death.

          "Just like interrogating me for not wanting to share my past, it's a good thing I kept my journal in my bag with me at all times...I wouldn't put it pass either of you to go snooping through that," I shot him a dirty look as George stepped between us.

         "Come on guys, let's just have a nice relaxing day!" George held up his hands slightly, "oi, there's a quidditch shop over there! Let's go check it out!"

         I smirked slightly, I wasn't exactly mad at Fred, but I wasn't happy with him either. I don't know why I told them what my parents and brother had died getting, it made their deaths sound so stupid, but I haven't told anyone this fact...and it felt like a small weight lifted from my chest.

         "Oi, I know that smirk. I've known you well enough now to know that you're just playing him," George hissed in my ear as Fred sulked over to the brooms while I stayed to look over some Irish banners.

         "Well, he did actually hurt my feelings!" I retorted as I put a green flower in my hair, I looked at myself in the small mirror in front of me-I loved the Irish team, the colors were so brilliant, especially with dark red hair.

            "He's apologized everyday for the last two weeks! Come on, cut the guy some slack. He feels horrible, trust me, I know!" George pleaded with me.

           "It's not that I don't want to forgive him...it's that...he's right. I can't talk about family or quidditch without needing to bow out of the conversation. And every time I do that it makes me feel pretty pathetic." I shook my head slightly as I removed the flower and picked up a scarf. "I haven't gotten over their deaths and after awhile, people left me alone but not all of them. I had to stop going to quidditch games because I was recognized for being Robert Matcox's surviving sister, hell I haven't set foot in this shop since my brother's accident before the crash....Hearing myself talk about the accident and actually speaking aloud what their gifts were.....I can't believe how pathetic I am, and Fred was the first person to make me realize that in awhile," I glanced over at George and noticed his eyes were watering and he was frowning.