Boy in the Alley

*Freya's POV*

                "I got the solo for the entire  Nutcracker Suiet this year!" I jumped out of the black doors and into the breezy afternoon filled with pure joy. 

                "Yes, we all know you're the best violinist we've seen in years," my friend Tyler Carter laughed as he ruffled my hair beside me.

                "Yeah, she's the best. We all know it," my other friend Lisa Andersons muttered darkly as she stalked past us. I could hear the resentment and jealousy in her voice but I didn't give a second thought, Lisa was notorious for her jealousy when things didn't work in her favor.

                I stuck my tongue out at them, we attended The Academy for Wizards and Witches, it was a wonderful school and I loved it. The mixture of magic and music was beyond enchanting. I was a pretty good violinist, actually first chair to be precise, and got top grades in transfiguration and potions, I was in my final year here—and  I was going to miss being here so much when I finally graduated.

                We had just finished our classes for the day which meant that it was time to go home, The Academy was located in the inner harbor of Baltimore.  There were nine grand buildings that housed at least two subjects each, the buildings were all relatively close to each other but there were no living quarters—if you weren't five states away there was another wizarding academy but generally students used side-along apparition to get here. We prided ourselves on our academics and the fine arts, students who came here also had a gift in some form of art-from the stage to painting. 

"You're going to go home and practice, aren't you?" Tyler joked as we sat on the steps of the building that housed the music and astronomy department.

"I was going to just read and sleep for the rest of the day actually," I smiled back.

Tyler nodded as he looked at his watch, "I forgot something inside, but I'll catch up with you later." 

                I waved him off as I picked up my violin and slowly made my way down the stone steps, as I reached the bottom step, I heard a crack. A crack that was distinct and could only mean someone had apparated nearby—I froze and glanced around the street, the only thing that caught my eye was an alleyway.

                I walked towards the entrance of the alley, holding my wand tightly in my hand as I peered down the narrow path, there stood a gorgeous red head, dry heaving as he held onto the wall in front of him. He was handsome, there was no doubt about it, and I stood watching him push back his shaggy hair from his eyes as he leaned his head against the wall trying to catch his breath and stop himself from vomiting all over the place. I slowly walked up to him as I pulled out my water bottle to offer him.

                "Would you like some water?" I offered, the red head jumped about a foot in the air and turned to face me as he held onto his chest as he looked at me in shock and fear.

                "Bloody hell woman! Don't you know not to walk down alleyways when there's a stranger obviously down it?" he gasped.

                I smiled, "English are we?" god, this guy just kept getting more attractive by the second.

                The boy raised his eyebrows and nodded, "of course I am."

                I handed him the bottle and he took it graciously, "we don't get too many English wizards around here is all."

                "Where exactly is here?" the boy asked as he caught his breath. "And what are you talking about wizards? Are you completely mental?"