a Big Christmas

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! :)

*Fred's POV*

"I have to go away for a few days," George said over dinner a few days before Christmas.

"Where you off to?" I asked.

"There's one person I know that Freya would die to have at the wedding, so I'm going to invite Tyler personally for her," George sighed.

"Good luck with that," I snorted.

"Which is why I'll be gone for a few days," George nodded.

I nodded, "don't worry. I'll make sure Freya doesn't go insane without you. But you'll be back by Christmas right?"

"Of course," George smiled before taking his plate and placing it in the sink. "I'm leaving tomorrow morning," he called from the kitchen.

"Enjoy yourself then!" I joked.

George shook his head, "leave some food for Freya. She's working late tonight."

"Doesn't that mean you have to go get her?" Knowing his routine by heart now.

"Shit," George muttered before dropping the dishes and hurrying out of the flat, I smiled to myself as I jumped onto the couch.

In the morning George was off to the States, telling Freya that he had a business meeting so that she wouldn't worry too much while he was gone. But knowing Freya, she'd worry.

"Looks like it's just me and you, Freddie," Freya grinned while taking a seat beside me on the couch. "What should we do today?"

I leaned back into the cushions, "a movie marathon sounds relaxing, right 'bout now."

Freya nodded before getting up and bringing over the giant box where we kept all the movies, "which should we start with?"

"Your choice," I smiled slightly.

Freya looked through the box and pulled out two action films before putting one on, "So are you bringing a date to the wedding?"

"Didn't know I could."

"Of course you could!" Freya looked at me with surprise, "I made sure that George told you."

I snorted, "well it doesn't matter. I'm the best man after all, no time for a date."

Freya chewed on her bottom lip, "I guess not," she sighed.

"Why does it matter if I had a date or not anyway?"

Freya shrugged, "doesn't exactly matter but I just thought that you would try to make progress with one of those girls you told me about a long time ago...."

I rolled my eyes, Freya was crafty at this—bringing up a topic that she knew I didn't want to talk about. "Freya what did I say las—"

"We're friends and friends tell each other everything. So, you can either tell me where George is going on his 'business trip' or you can tell me about why you're not going to try again with those girls," Freya raised an eyebrow as she looked at me.

I sighed and hit my head against the back of the couch, "god Freya!"

"So which will it be?"