Foolishness

Happy New Year, everyone! I do apologize if this isn't my best work. I promise to upload one other time this week! :)

*Freya's POV*

                "Since you're just standing there, can you help me move this case please?" I called over to Draco who was casually sitting on the counter watching me work. Without a word Draco came over and lifted the glass casing with me and set it beside the counter with a slight groan. "Not that I don't appreciate the lovely company that you provide, but honestly, why are you always around?"

                "Have nothing better to do," Draco said with a shrug.

                I looked him up and down and raised my eyebrows, "tell the truth."

                "You'll just tell the weasel," Draco scowled. "and I'm hurt you don't believe that could be close to the truth."

                "I know for a fact that is not the truth, especially for a guy like you," I crossed my arms over my chest and frowned. "You have money, girls most definitely fall at your feet. Seriously, I'm sure there's something better you could be doing."

                "Honestly, it's not hard to believe," Draco growled lowly as he ran a hand through his hair. I paused for a moment, its been four days since going to the Burrow and every day I've tried my hardest to get Draco to talk. Today seemed like my work was paying off, he was actually talking...politely for more than five minutes.

                "People really don't talk to you because of that mark huh?" I spoke softly, there was a vein in Draco's forehead that was throbbing profusely  which could only mean that he would either leave suddenly or snap. Maybe even both.

                "You really aren't from around here," Draco shook his head with a cruel laugh.

                I scowled before grabbing my violin and placing it delicately inside the glass case, smiling to myself as I admired its beauty. Many people wouldn't understand, but to have your own instrument made of gorgeous dark mahogany with a matching bow just gave you this feeling of pride-knowing that you could create simple music with such a beautiful instrument.  I brushed my hand down the neck and plucked the thin e string with a content sigh.

                "You don't like me," it was more of a statement than anything and he said it so softly I thought I'd imagined it.

                Chewing on the inside of my cheek and whistling lowly as I turned around, he was regarding me closely. He was searching for something as I raised my eyebrows, "I have no reason to like or hate you, Draco. I'm indifferent if anything."

                "Surely the weasels have told you all about me, there's no way you can say you're indifferent," his eyes had gone huge with surprise. "Didn't they tell you what I did?"

                I shrugged, "yeah. But here I am attempting to have a civil conversation."

                "There's something off about you...honestly there is."

                "And there's something off about you hanging around here when you shouldn't."
A voice kept screaming  at me to stop talking to the blonde haired devil, the voice kept whispering George's name telling me that he would kill me if he knew I was being kind towards this boy. "I would still love to know why that is," I muttered.

                "I need to make a liv-"

                "I was told you're very wealthy."

                Draco let out a cold laugh, digging his hands in his pockets before meeting my gaze. His grey eyes were steel as he glared, "I lost it all, happy? Well, almost all of it," he stated coldly.