Disappointment

*Freya's POV*

                After George decided to prove to me that I would have been chased constantly if I had attended Hogwarts, I decided to walk through the castle, trying to see if anyone needed my help with anything and just to see how magical this place truly was. I was walking around one of the deserted halls when I saw the familiar red hair walking towards me.

                "I was wondering where you went off to," Fred greeted me.

                "I was fixing the greenhouses and then I decided to go for a walk," I shrugged. "It's much bigger than it was in that other place," I muttered as I glanced around.

                "Yeah, that...place sure made this castle look small," Fred commented.

                "We never talked about how you got back from there," I realized.

                Fred shrugged and was quiet for a minute before sighing, "it wasn't that hard for me to get back. I know Hogwarts like the back of my hand, but it took me a long time...did you notice how everything had a white hue around the edges? Well, that started increasing the longer I stayed there... and the book wasn't exaggerating on how much energy you needed to perform the spell, it was much easier with two people, I have to say."

                "I'm glad you're back," I smiled at him.

                Fred started laughing, "you wouldn't talk to me for a full month until I bought you something expensive."

                My cheeks heated up slightly, "you lied and tricked me."

                "It was the only way to get you to go through first without any problems, and I could accept you hating me if you were safe. Which you were. Honestly I'm glad I did what I did, you would've never made it back otherwise."

                "It should've been you that went first, I didn't deserve to go."

"Fey, you never would've made it back on your own. It was the only guaranteed way."

I scowled at him slightly but sighed, "suppose I should apologize for being cold over the past month."

                "You weren't completely wrong, I did lie and basically die in front of you. But I forgive you," Fred smirked.

                After that only our footsteps disturbed the silence as we walked around the castle, I noticed one of the paintings watching us as we passed. Slowly but surely, the castle was being rebuilt.

                "Must have been hard to get privacy around here," I joked. Fred laughed before shrugging, "did you ever find out what happened to that girl you liked?"

                "What're you going on about?" Fred shot me a confused look.

                "You told me you liked someone, what happened with her?"

                Fred studied me, there was something in his expression that changed for only a moment before it disappeared and he shrugged as his smile was wiped from his face. "She's with another bloke."

                "That's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that," I looked at my feet in the uncomfortable silence.

                "I know he'll take care of her...if I thought he couldn't, I'd intervene." 

                "And the other girl...you said there were two," I pushed further.

                Fred scowled and shook his head, "complicated."