The Hell?

Did I say how long you had to wait for the next chapter? I dedicate this chapter to idamariekaas just because I think this may brighten her night after reading the previous chapter :)

*George's POV*

I watched the wall fall, I watched Percy dig through the wall and pull Fred's body towards him. That's all I did, watch, I couldn't move—Freya had given her life to save Fred. My breathing was hitched, and I could barely see, and I remained frozen in place. I had her, right there in my grasp, but I let her slip through to be a hero...I let her save Fred, but I didn't realize what she was doing until I realized she was trapped and it was too late. I couldn't do a thing.

"George..." Ron began, but I stopped him.

"Just hand her over," I gestured to Freya in his arms. Ron gave an uncomfortable nod and shifted so that I was now holding her, I began walking away from Percy's cries.

"George, I'm so sorry...I never meant for this to happen," Harry whispered as he placed a hand on my shoulder when I passed him.

I looked at him, trying to smile but I know it faltered. "I don't blame you, Harry," he looked surprised by my words. I was too, but then again I felt numb inside, I supposed anger would soon fill the void, but for now I was just numb. And Harry was not to blame for any of it.

"Where are you going?" Ron called behind me as I continued to walk away.

I shrugged, "don't know." No one followed me, I suspect they understood, I smiled to myself as I entered a secret passageway near by. I didn't know where I was going, I just let my feet carry me; it wasn't until I was in front of an empty frame that once held the fat lady that I realized I was in front of the common room.

I looked down at Freya, she looked so peaceful in my arms, "come on, love. I'll show you where I spent my childhood," I whispered as I took a step inside.

It was like there was no war going on, the room was untouched, I smiled slightly as I walked over to the couch and placed Freya on the cushions as I took the floor beside her. I sat stroking her cheek, up here there was no noise coming from outside, I saw flashes of colors light the sky from the windows but that was all.

"Freya....why did you have to go and do that? You crazed girl," I shook my head, a few tears spilled out as I shuddered. "I was completely dumb to bring you here, I should've stayed, we could've lived happily over there in your apartment. All three of us, every weekend we'd go to the market, stargaze and....just be together," I wiped my eyes as I took her hand, "you can't leave me like this...I'll never live without you...or Fred. Without the two of you I'm absolutely nothing," I whispered.

I started sobbing, not wanting to believe the truth of everything I had witnessed. I had lost my other half and both loved ones, all in one moment. I gripped Freya's hand in mine, the chipped blue nail polish shined in the moonlight as I stroked her hand, I laid my head beside her arm and closed my eyes. The scent of strawberries was over whelming and I began to sob even harder.

I shuddered as Voldemort's voice rang over the grounds, we had an hour to get our affairs straight and he wanted Harry. I got up, carefully cradling Freya in my arms as I made my way to the Great Hall, hoping to find someone there. When I arrived I saw my family huddled together, mum and dad looked up at me—their faces masks of despair as I realized that Fred was at their feet.

My heart stopped as I laid Freya next to him, I lost two people I loved so very much and I never told one of them just how much they meant to me. I knelt beside Fred and more tears fell, I felt a hand be placed on my shoulder and saw Percy kneeling beside me.