Something New

*Freya's POV*

                I ran to my room, shutting and locking the door in one motion before rifling through my music that the twins had set up so nicely for me. I found the disc and track I wanted, sat on the floor, closing my eyes and taking deep breaths as a song began to play. I reached for my violin, feeling the comforting feel of the wood against my cheek as I flicked my wand and repeated the song. This time adding a counter melody that went faster, much faster than Streisand's singing, but it worked, my talent to add a harmony or counter melody to almost any ballad was unmatched to many people back home. I was always told I was talented, I was top in my class, top in the orchestra, I guess it made sense why I was taking being rejected so hard. Really the true question on my mind was what will I do now? There was nothing here for me, aside from George....and Fred.

I didn't think about what George and Fred may be discussing, I didn't think about George possibly standing by the door, contemplating if he should come in here and comfort me or just let me blow off some steam. I felt rejected, I was rejected! My counter melody picked up the tempo as I tried to tune out my thoughts, I didn't want to think about it, I couldn't, I would break down and I'm tired of crying! I want my life to be happy again, why wasn't it happy? I blocked out everything but the music and the feeling of the strings under my fingertips.

                The D-string snapped suddenly and I cursed myself as the wire slid across my fingers, "great. Just great!" I hissed at my beloved instrument, I know I was a witch and it would make much more sense just to repair it with a simple spell but my strings didn't work like that. They needed to be replaced with a completely new one, it just didn't sound the same with a magically fixed string, I should know, a lot of people at school did it and it left my violin to stand out from the crowd. I groaned and huffed before tossing the instrument on my bed.

                "Oi!"

                "Somebody crowd me with love

                Somebody force me to care

                Somebody make me come through

                I'll always be there

                As frightened as you to help us survive

                Being alive....Being alive...." My stereo blasted out loud.

                "Oi!"
I jumped up, there was George, sitting behind me, looking slightly shocked at my behavior. "How'd you get in here?" I growled. George raised an eyebrow as he flicked his wand in his hand slightly in response. "I want to be alone."

                "Too bad," George got that stubborn scowl that he always got when he was determined. "Any time you wanted to be alone was used up when I thought I'd lost you during the battle."

                I scowled, normally something like that would've made me blush and make butterflies swarm my stomach, but now I was just upset, all I felt was anger.

                "Go away, George," I said in a defeated tone.

                "Fey, you can't go because you're too bloody brilliant for them! It's a compliment really!" George tried to explain for the twentieth time.

                There was a sound of a choked laugh that left my mouth, "then why does it feel like I've been rejected?"

                George's face contorted slightly as he sighed, he grasped my hands and pulled me towards him so that I was sitting in his lap. He began stroking my hair and humming along with the music, he kissed my cheek. "I bet it's because you've never really been told no, and especially not something that involved school."