I Swear

*George's POV*

                I opened my eyes slightly as the sun beat down on my face, I sighed as I sat up in bed and looked around the room which was now bathed in sunlight. It was about ten on a Friday which meant that Freya was in school and I had time to goof off and explore the area like usual.

                I put on a green hoodie and jeans before heading to the door, Fred was gone which probably meant that he was in the park like usual. I put my hands in my pockets as I walked the streets of Baltimore, it was rather busy as I headed toward the heart of the city, I passed various stores until I came to an old subway station. I walked down the steps and through the tunnel, jumping down onto the tracks, my whistles echoed through the empty tunnel as I headed deeper and deeper down, I came to what appeared to be a dead end and took my wand and pointed it at a brick in the left corner.

                The wall swung away from me like a door and I stepped forward to see the small wizard market that was housed here. It was bright and I could feel the sun as I walked passed all the shops, once you entered the wall, it was as if you weren't in a subway. It was an interesting way to hide and I wish I knew how it was done, it was like the Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley, but even Freya didn't know. I kept walking until something shiny caught my eye.

                I paused in front of a small shop, upon closer examination I noticed that the shop was a jewelry shop, I smiled slightly as I walked in.

                "Hello! Can I help you find anything?" a rather tall man greeted me as I glanced around the various displays.

                "No, just looking around," I smiled. He nodded slightly before returning to his work. I looked at every display of necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and charms until I spotted it again, sitting in the front left window sat a beautiful silver necklace with a single ruby red pendant in the shape of a star. A pair of matching earrings sat beside it, I grinned—god would Freya look beautiful in that. I reached into my pocket and looked at the amount of money I had on me, since staying with Freya she figured that Fred and I needed a little bit of money so she ended up giving us some when she could.

                "Sir, how much is that necklace and earrings?" I called while pointing to the necklace.

                "Fifty for the necklace and twenty for the earrings," the man gave a smile as I grinned—I had more than enough.

                "I'll take the set," I stated excitedly as I put the amount I owed on the counter.

                The man placed the necklace and earrings in a neat box and wrapped it up neatly, I left the small shop and continued on my way through the shops. This place reminded me of Diagon Alley, mainly because this place was the main place wizards in this area could buy potion ingredients or other needs. This place was much bigger than the one back home, there must have been at least fifty shops and the alley was much bigger and less condensed than mine.

                After looking at each shop I decided to go home, I walked in just as Fred was sitting at the dining table.

                "Where were you?!" Fred as he put down the copy of the Prophet he was reading.

                "I went to the market," I shrugged as I leaned against one of the chairs, "where have you been?"

                "I was out as well, I brought Freya lunch," Fred said as he ran a hand through his hair.

                "Did she say when she'll be home today?" I walked over to the kitchen and poured a glass of water.

                "She'll be home at four, so in a few hours," Fred called. I heard shuffling and a sigh sounded behind me, "did you buy something for her?"