A little date

*Freya's POV*

George hurried into the nursery as I placed Freddie down for his nap, "if you wake him, I'll murder you where you stand, George," I said as quietly as possible.

George smirked and pulled me out of the room, "we're going away for the day, Ginny and Harry are going to watch the twins for us."

"Where are we going?" I laughed as we continued walking to the front door where George grabbed our jackets.

"That's a surprise," George grinned as we walked down the hall. "You'll love it."

I nodded as George turned on the spot, when my feet touched the ground he quickly covered my eyes and slowly moved me forward. It was very cold and my shoes were getting soaked as we slowly walked but we soon stopped walking and George removed his hands from my eyes. The sight was breathtaking.

Rows of shops covered with snow on the awnings and roofs as quite a few chimneys puffed smoke into the air, there were even a few snowmen sitting in front of store fronts with cozy looking scarves and silly hats on. Strings of lights hung from the awnings in the spirit of Christmas which was in a few weeks, the small village was absolutely stunning. I shivered as the snow fell around us, I was only wearing a grey knitted sweater under a jacket that did little to provide insulation and jeans, I looked at George who was watching me excitedly.

"This is Hogsmeade village," George announced.

I looked over his shoulder, noticing Hogwarts in the distance, I smiled, "what're we doing here?"

George shrugged but didn't say a word while his ear turned scarlet, I raised an eyebrow as George held out his hand for me, "I want to show you around, you haven't seen this place in the winter yet."

I smiled as we began to walk through the snow, not caring that the cold was cutting through me like a knife. But George took notice of my shivering and shrugged off his coat and wrapped it around my shoulders.

"George I—"

"No, don't object," George insisted.

I sighed, I could never win against George and his stubbornness, I pushed my arms through the sleeves and smiled at the warmth it provided. As we passed shops, George pointed them out, his arm finding my shoulders and pulling me close to his side.

"Can we go in some of these?" I asked eagerly.

"Of course, but after our first stop," George agreed as he guided us into a pub called the Three Broomsticks. I frowned slightly but said nothing as we took a booth toward it the back.

"Alright, George. Why're we here?" I demanded.

George chuckled, "I'll be right back," he got up and headed over to the bar. When he returned he held two mugs of the familiar Butterbeer.

I smiled as the familiar drink warmed my insides, stopping the chills from running down my body, "now spill it, George!"

George's ear was even redder than earlier as he sipped his drink, "don't know what you're talking 'bout, love."

I pouted, leaning over the table closer to George, I noticed his eyes fall to my chest for just a second before they met my eyes. I smirked I had him, "what's going on, George?"

"I-I was thinking about going around and looking at the different shops, I don't think you've seen Honeyduke's yet," George said quickly.