The Other Side

*George's POV*

This was a dream, I was dreaming, Fred wasn't gone and I hadn't just watched the love of my life give her life to save my brothers. There was no way, I was dreaming and I would wake up shortly from this hell. They're alive. They're alive.....

These thoughts ran through my head as I sat there on the cold stone floor, with Ron reclining against my back. We sat in silence, looking at Fred and Freya, Madame Pomfrey had explained that neither one of them were dead just...comatose, but they were barely there at the same time. I stroked Freya's cheek as I sat beside her, her cheeks were pink and gave her face a more elegant look. Her lips looked coated in a pink gloss, making them a brighter pink that was still darker than her eyeshadow; I studied her face a while longer, hoping for her eyes to open—I just wanted to see those hazel eyes look back at me. Her auburn hair was slightly frizzy, giving her a curled effect, I grabbed her hand—her many bracelets gave a hollow jingle on her wrist as I kissed her hand. I smiled as the small chain I had given her sparkled slightly, I adjusted her necklace so that the pendant was sitting on her chest before kissing her cheek. Her jean jacket was torn in a few spots while her black jeans were covered in dirt and various grass stains and a major tear at the bottom of the pants, as I placed her hand down I noticed the dried blood on her shirt—just under her rib cage.

There were so many things that I regretted not doing, we never truly had a date and I didn't tell her just how beautiful she was each and everyday like I believed she deserved. I regretted never telling her how much I loved her hair, her eyes, just everything! I felt ashamed of myself for being such a horrible person for bringing her here, I let out a shaky breath as I closed my eyes and reclined into Ron's back. There were so many things I regret.

"George...we've been sitting here for an hour, maybe we should stretch our legs?" Ron offered as he shifted beside me.

"I'm not leaving them," I shook my head stubbornly as I glanced at Fred.

"I'll watch them, you two go for a walk," Ginny waved her hand at me as she sat in front of me, "I promise they'll be fine." She added when I gave a doubtful look.

I nodded once and got up, Ron joined me and we silently left the room, eyes followed us but I didn't care. I needed to get away from all of the eyes.

"They have pulses...and they're breathing—slightly. So they can't be dead, right?" Ron whispered as he looked at me, I still had a foot on him which I took notice of as we stood in the doorway to the grounds.

I nodded once, "yes."

I looked up and counted the stars, I found Pegaus and smiled—Freya had shown me that when we stargazed one evening, along with a few other things. I closed my eyes and thought of the memory, we laid on a blanket as she pointed out stars, I held her close and we kissed until the pink tint that indicated sunrise appeared in the sky. Why couldn't we go back to that time? It was so sweet and innocent.

"Did you ever tell her that you loved her?"

"A bunch of times," I shrugged while rubbing my neck.

"At least she knew...I would hate if Herm-she.....never knew—someone I loved died and I never got to say it...that'd be horrible," Ron whispered. I grinned as I noticed his slip up but I didn't call him on it, I wanted him to say it first—to come out and say who he loved. 

"I'm glad that everyone was safe while I was gone," Ron whispered while scuffing the ground.

"Freya was a god send..." I smiled slightly, "you know she was Robert Matcox's sister?"

"No way!" Ron gasped in shock, the news seemed to bring him away from the present issues surrounding us. "Did you get to-"

"He died, probably a year ago now. If I think about Freya's timeline correctly." Ron instantly shut his mouth, shoving his hands in his pockets as he coughed uncomfortably.