IHK now published into Paperback! (October 26, 2018)

As you may have seen on the #PopFicReveal at the Pop Fiction page, I Heart Kuya is now finally published! Here's the cover!

Do you recognize this scene? What do you think of the cover?

Basta ako, I love how the lilac shades. And this scene! Hindi niyo siguro nahulaan 'yung #PopFicPeek 'no?

Anyway, aside from the cover, let's talk about some other things my friend

First off, maybe you're quite surprised that it's published right before it was completed here at wattpad, right? And you may have a few questions. So here's a post not just to announce this milestone, but also to clarify a few things why I gave birth to this baby quite prematurely.

To start, I Heart Kuya is my 5th physical book. After SM, RNK Part 1, RNK Part 2, and ALLL. But, this is only my 3rd story at wattpad (with 4th being MVCOY). I started writing IHK since 2011. Kasabayan pa siya ng SM and RNK.

Here's a screenshot of the 3 of them exactly 5 years ago (October 26, 2011) ('Di ba? SM hasn't even reached a million back then) and their humble covers! Excuse me while I cry in the corner for too much nostalgia lol

This was before blast publishing happened. Before the movie and TV deals happened. You may accuse #WattpadTitas like me of drowning in our past wattpad selves, but you didn't know how pure writing was for us back then. 'Yung kapalit o motivation 'yung pagsusulat aside from our drives and passion. Kasi wala naman talaga. Walang bayad. Walang kahit ano.

But SM was published. October 20, 2013. And exactly 5 years later (almost haha), here comes IHK. Sobrang saya ko lang that they are both October babies so it have mo a lot of feels lately. I'm still blessed that it feels the same. Just like the first time I published.

Now let's move on to the more important things.

YES. IHK Pop Fic is already completed! I'd like to stress out that by saying it's completed, yes, Mia's endgame, or lackthereof (charot) is there. There may be slight differences in the book version and the wattpad version but still the same arc. Maybe the only difference is that wattpad version is of course expounded, while the book version lingers on the essential parts of the story that needed to move the plot forward. In short, mas mahaba lang ang nasa wattpad.

Why am I still updating, you say? Yes I've already finished IHK. 'Yun talaga pinagkakaabalahan ko lately. I'm not sorry for keeping this a secret with you guys haha! But anyway, I've already submitted my manus, but I still edit the chaps for a longer more detailed wattpad version as I go along. Now without word count restrictions, I can finally add more deetz here and there, I can write more kilig or angst or drama, or fluff stuff. So it's still taking me a lil more time that I can't drop everything at once.

So, there my loves.

After 3 years after ALLL, here's another baby that I hope you'll support. I know it's quite expensive now that books are sold for P199 so walang pilitan. Only if you can afford it. And it's finished na. You don't get to pay per chapter or something char.

Here's an oath that my works will forever have a free version posted online. If ever wp will roll out the NextBeta for everyone, I won't ever be part of it bec I believe payments shouldn't be obligatory. Ads are okay. Donations are okay. But I'd rather move elsewhere should it be compulsory.

We may standby different beliefs, and you may have yours, but that's mine. Wattpad is more of a free writing site for me. I write na nga for a living and it takes so much burden if you are getting paid for it. Sometimes, it limits your creativity because of the time restrictions and the creative directions you get. But here at wattpad, I started writing during the liberating times before the advent of publishing and all these stuff. I want it to remain that way. I still want to have the complete control about everything. That whenever anyone says I should update when I can't, nobody can force me to write just for the sake of writing it. That I can still say hindi niyo ako binabayaran para magupdate.

Again, that's just me.

Wattpad is growing. And ideologies are changing. So whatever flips your pancake, go.

Ako lang, going back to IHK book, it's done. But it'll take me quite some time before I post the end of IHK's chapter. You can choose not to buy the book version bec it will eventually be posted for free here. Actually, it's not really for free considering the resources that you buy and the internet you use. But still, it's free-reading!

Pero sa mga hindi makapaghintay who the endgame is, and to those who will buy, please, don't spoil in the comments okay?

Anyway, once my complimentary copies arrive, I will give away some to the familiar usernames I always see in the comments. Na konti lang din naman. Actually, the latest chapter was the last chapter that has comments from the previous version. Hanggang doon na lang 'yung madaming comment. In truth, I only got 20+ comments so don't worry you are all very familiar with me. I'll notify you when we're okay :) Magkakaalaman kung ilan ang nagbabasa as I upload the next chapter haha. Bago na kasi 'yun and not edited.

Anyway, I'd like to especially thank my beta reader Rachelle for reading everything for me. And of course the Pop Fic family for squeezing me into your line up. Alam ko I've been a very bad author in terms of submitting manus. But still thank you for forcing me haha, to complete this. If not for June, I won't be able to write the heck out of anything eh. So thank you guys for allowing me to publish this incompetent book in between the amazing line ups of the manuscripts that you have. This already happened na during RNK eh, so maraming salamat sa pagsingit!

So, there.

Salamat sa pagbabasa ng mahabang announcement turned rant na ito haha.

I'm just na nandiyan pa rin kayo. Paulit-ulit ako, pero salamat for staying there. For 7 years, tangina. 7 years of writing IHK, it's finally here. 7 years worth of birth pains, finally it's a whole bouncing baby book!

Happy reading and congratulations to us! We may be a small family but still, thank you for staying! Some of you were still from 7 years ago, so I'm really really glad. Nagbago na daw ang reading environment now, pero nandiyan pa rin kayo! I love you, guys.

Let this published book be the formality of my comeback (lol)

Again, i love you and thank you!

Without wax,

Glimmer