[Chapter Forty-Eight]

Song on the side courtesy of ilikedonut :)

Chapter Forty-Eight
Aiden's Pov

I missed her. Every night for two weeks I've been lying in my empty bed wanting her in my arms. I go to work and she doesn't come and meet me even if it's just to say hello, drop off some food and give me a kiss. I miss switching off with cooking and cleaning, holding her while we watched a movie and her making me listen to her god awful music.

I was so in love with her and she was gone and it was my fault.

I shouldn't have kissed Emily especially when I knew where she was. She could have game home and told me she was pregnant and I was going to be a father.

Jesus what did I do?

She was alone and terrified at the doctor because she didn't know if our lives were about to drastically change forever and I was at home kissing my ex-girlfriend. The same ex-girlfriend she was worried about and insecure about, the same ex-girlfriend who I promised I was over.

I thought I was over her and I feel like an ass for thinking I could ever have stronger feelings for Emily then her.

Kissing Emily was comfortable and familiar and I'll admit I got a little wrapped up in it. I pulled her into my lap and kissed her harder and at the time it was nothing and that should have been a bigger clue on how wrong it was.

When I kissed Chelsie, I felt everything for her. She was beautiful inside and out. When I kissed her my heart was in it and I felt like I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. She gave excitement to my life and she made me happy.

When I was with Emily we got in a habit of not even talking, I was all about school and she was all about spending my money on shit she didn't need and going to cosmetology school. She never did the little things like Chelsie did, she never even did anything to show me she cared and that was part of the reason I was confused.

I know why she's back but I wanted to see if I felt that spark from her again, the one we had the first year we were together. I wanted to know if it was just the money of if she missed me too so when she showed up I invited her in.

That was mistake one.

We sat down and talked and I leaned over and kissed her and then pulled her into my lap. When I saw Chelsie I felt disgusted with myself. She slapped me, she punched her and the whole time it was like I was in a daze. When she ran off I didn't spare a glance at Emily I just ran after her but she was gone.

I went back up and Emily had gotten ice for her face.

Honestly, I'm surprised Chelsie didn't hit her sooner.

"She's fucking crazy." Emily said and I shrugged

"No, she's gone." I said and sat down and this time she shrugged. When she got her face to stop hurting she kissed me again and I pushed her away.

"What the hell?" she asked

"I feel absolutely nothing for Emily." I glared at her and she shrugged

"I don't particularly care, I was pretending for three fucking years." She snapped and her eyes widened and she put her hand over her mouth but I heard her.

"You are a despicable person and a gold digging whore." I shot at her and she stepped up to me.

"Are you angry?" she taunted and I lightly pushed her back from me, I didn't want he close

"Yes." She unbuttoned her shirt and I adverted my eyes

"I can help with that" I jumped away from her when she reached out to touch my fucking crotch