[Chapter Twenty]

Chapter Twenty

The rest of the day he spent trying to get a reaction out of me and I spent it cleaning. We cleaned a lot and never really left the place a mess but I decided it needed a deep cleaning and spent the day scrubbing it top to bottom and forced Aiden to help me. I bought a steam thing that goes on hard wood and freshens up carpets and we rented a carpet cleaner. I made him move the furniture around for me and I scrubbed the floor by hand before running the steam thing over it. I folded laundry like a mad woman and cooked lunch and it was nearing dinner time when I went to jump in the shower, a nice cold shower.

Not only did it feel good on my body because Aiden has not so subtly setting it on fire, but I was just hot. Deep cleaning in the middle of summer probably wasn't my best idea.

I walked out in a towel and he looked what was visible of my body over.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked

"How about we go out?" he suggested

"Why?" I asked, I didn't want it to feel like a date or anything.

"Because sometimes you don't need to cook. I'll go hop in the shower, you get dressed." He smacked my ass as he walked past me and I rolled my eyes, I liked when he was playful.

I let my hair naturally dry and put on a summer dress I had gotten. It was light weight and the white and neon colors set of my new tan nicely. I put my minimal make up on and slid on some sandals. There was no need for heels; I was definitely tired of heels.

"You look nice." He said as he met me in the living room and we headed down to his car. I didn't know where we were going but I was excited to go. I've spent the couple months I've been here either at home or work, I've gone out only a couple times and it's nice to not have home or a bar as my destination.

We pulled up to a restaurant and headed inside, it was a cozy little Italian place and it smelt amazing in here. Not like a big chain place would, you got this authentic feel here.

"This place is amazing." Aiden said as he put his hand on my lower back and steered me to our table behind the hostess. The gesture of that stuck with me a little, it was overly friendly and not a way I would think friends treat each other.

We got seated at a booth and he took his place opposite to me after I slid in. The hostess handed us our menus and everything sounded so good that I don't know how I could ever make a decision on what I actually wanted.

"I love this place." Aiden told me

"I hope the food lives up to my now high expectations." I really hoped it wasn't bad food, I didn't think it would be, but you never know.

"The food will pass those expectations." He smiled

"What are you getting?" I asked

"Lasagna."

"I'm thinking some stuffed pasta; I haven't had any in so long." I don't really go out, so the pasta I had was what I could make, and I just never had time to make stuffed pasta.

"Sounds good, how about some wine?" he asked as he flipped to the back where the list of those were.

"Do you think that's wise?" I asked

"Why not?" he didn't even look up at me

"You have to drive home."

"There's a difference between having a glass of wine with dinner and getting trashed. Now do you like red or white?" he asked me

"I don't know, I don't drink much wine. It's always too bitter." The few times I tried it I was not a fan.

"Was it good wine or cheap wine?" he asked and I shrugged