[Chapter Forty-Nine]

Chapter Forty-Nine

I had been spending a lot of time with Kellan, Jake and Jules. She was doing a lot better from what happened with Blake and it was great to see her as her old self again. I told her about sleeping with Jake and she rolled her eyes and we agreed on what a bad idea it was.

There was absolutely no awkwardness with Jake about it though, it was like the time we almost had sex and I thought I would have to quit my job but they all just cracked jokes and we moved on from it. Jake would tease me about it and still call me kitten but I was getting used to it.

When I was out with them I didn't feel all the pain from Aiden. I missed him so fucking much and it hurt not being with him but I couldn't go back. I was staying with Jake and he made sure to have the fridge stocked with ice cream, he was wonderful.

After about a week since Aiden and I broke up Jules and Jake finally started dating and you would think it would make things weird since I had just slept with him a week ago but it didn't and she wasn't angry about it, we all knew it wouldn't happen again and they seemed happy.

They had gotten even closer after that Blake did and I was happy for them but it did mean suffering through massive amounts of PDA so Kellan and I would start hanging out just the two of us away from the sickly sweet couple.

Kellan was a great guy and I wished that I could go for a guy like him, he was the kind in it for the long run that would never cheat on you, and he was the kind of guy who would never break your heart if he could help it.

I wished things could be different because I liked him but I just couldn't like anyone in the way I liked Aiden, not for a while at least. We sat at the coffee shop and I drank my white chocolate mocha with Chai while he sucked down on his mocha frap with heavy cream.

I wished that it wasn't summer or that I had taken a summer class so that I could have something to keep my mind off of him, I worked almost every day to try but in the end he was always in my mind, haunting my dreams.

Was he with her now?

I didn't know, probably. She was beautiful and more suited for his lifestyle if his mother loved her so much, I wasn't right for him, we weren't right for each other. He was going to go and be a doctor and all I was going to do is maybe be a journalist, I mean how could you compare the two?

Jake was the only one who knew just how much this was all affecting me

"Earth to Chelsie." Kellan waved his hand in front of my face and I gave him an apologetic smile

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I asked him

"Are you ready to go to the movie?" he asked and I nodded. We sipped or coffee as we walked the short distance down to the theater to watch 22 Jump street. I needed a comedy right now nothing serious.

We snuck in some snacks and sat down to watch the movie and this was just what I needed right now. The movie was pretty funny and there were a few parts where I was laughing uncontrollably.

We left the theater in a better mood and I couldn't wipe the small smile off my face, it was what I needed. Kellan wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked down the road and I saw him. he stared at me and I stiffened but adverted my eyes and kept walking.

It's not like I meant for this to look like anything more than it was.  

He walked me back to my car and gave me a hug goodbye since Jake said Jules had left and it was safe for me to come home, not that they were doing anything. She was still traumatized from what Blake did to her and wasn't ready for that but I didn't want to interrupt him since he was letting me live there.

"How was the movie?" he asked when I flopped into bed and I shrugged

"It was pretty good. Funny." I yawned

"So you two together or what's going on?" he asked and I sighed

"We're friends, there's nothing there other than that right now; maybe later down the line or if I met him earlier, I'm just not ready, it's only been two weeks." I shrugged

"What are you going to do about your stuff; you can't keep wearing my stuff or buying all new shit." I sighed again

"I don't know what to do with it all and I'll never be able to move it all out while he's gone and I don't want to see him."

"Go over and grab the important things, do it slowly." He suggested and I nodded

"He may have cheated but he deserves more than for me to just disappear. Emily packed up and he came home to her things gone, I can't do that to him." I shook my head. Sure I was angry but it would kill him if I did the same thing she did

"Maybe you should try to work things out." He pulled me into his arms

"How can I trust him again? How do I know he won't do it again?" I asked

"I don't know, Chels." He admitted I sighed and slid out of bed and dialed the familiar number and hearing his voice broke my heart but I had to stay strong here because I couldn't be weak in front of him, he didn't deserve to see it.

I told him I would be coming for my stuff and that we wouldn't get back together and that part killed me and I hung up before breaking into tears.

What was wrong with me? For all I know she could be over there now and I could just be thinking he cared, he probably wanted my stuff gone when I left.

I wiped my eyes and got back in bed but I didn't sleep. Jakes breathing was steady as he slept beside me and I just stayed away staring at the ceiling, how did I get myself into such a mess?

Short chapter, next chapter they come face to face for the first time since she caught him with Emily, how's it going to go?