[Chapter Three]

Chapter Three

My next day of work went as good as my first. Jake and Jules were awesome they kept things interesting and then I had three days off. I let Kelly know that I wouldn't be in town for the next couple days in case she needed someone to cover, and I had Aiden drive me to the train station and headed to Massachusetts to go and visit my sister.

She moved here about two years ago and knew next to no one, just that she needed a change and her best friend had moved over here. She's done very well for herself since then. She's living with her boyfriend and I have a feeling an engagement will be coming soon, maybe when mom comes over for Christmas to visit.

It was obvious they were in love and they went amazing together. She used to envy me when I had my long term boyfriend in high school and now it's my turn to envy her. One day I wanted to get married and have a life with someone and I hoped that it would be a relationship like she had.

I got there Wednesday afternoon and spent all day with her and the next day until after dinner when she had to bring me back to the station to go home. It was bitter sweet but at least I knew she was close by and I could go see her almost whenever I needed to.

I had just gotten back into New York and off the train and looked around but didn't see Aiden, who promised to pick me up. I grabbed my phone and dialed him with no answer, so I gave it ten minutes and dialed again with the same result.

I was frustrated but waited to see if he would come and was just late. I must have called him a dozen times over about two hours  before I gave up and got a taxi. At this point I was furious. If he wasn't going to come and get me he should have let me know, not just let me sit there for two hours!

When the driver dropped me off I hastily handed him money, grabbed my bag and made my way upstairs. I unlocked the door and pushed it open and my anger intensified with that I saw.

Aiden was just lounging around on the couch in some comfortable looking clothes watching TV and drinking a beer.  I slammed the door shut and he jumped and turned to look at me. it was almost midnight by now.

"Hey, what took you so long?" he asked and I almost completely lost it.

"What took me so long? You mean why I was fucking sitting at the train station for two hours calling my moronic roommate who promised to pick me up!"

"I thought you were driving!" he yelled back and I looked up at the ceiling praying for the strength to keep calm.

"Who drove me to the train station Aiden? Who said they would be there at 9:00 to pick me up? How the hell did you get into medical school having absolutely no common sense?" my voice kept raising. My last comment seemed to piss him off just a bit.

"Jesus you're so freaking dependent! Can you do anything on your own?" he stood up and snapped at me.

Lord give me strength, please give me strength.

"What have I needed from you? you offered to help me on a couple things and I only accepted like twice! I set my room up, I got a job by myself, I'm paying you rent, I buy food as well, I help cook I help clean. So what the hell don't I do on my own? Tell me Aiden, how the hell am I dependent on you!" I was yelling at this point, and I didn't care who heard.

He stood there with wide eyes just looking at me, I raised an eye brow at him and he didn't say anything.

"Well?" I asked and still nothing. He calmed down as I got more riled up with his lack of response.

"Fuck this" I mumbled to myself and went to my room. I locked the door and stripped down and changed into a short black dress that buttoned up the front and black ankle boots. My hair was already curly naturally even more so with the humidity over here. I put on some bright red lip stick and did up my eyes and it was only about twelve fifteen. I grabbed my keys and walked out of my room.