[Chapter Twenty-One]

Chapter Twenty-One

I was still wrapped in his arms when I woke up and I sighed in content, confusion and irritation with myself at this point because I didn't know what the hell we were doing anymore.

We had this whole agreement but so far neither of us had really acted on it except my little moment with Jake.

I don't know if I'm starting to like him or if it's just because I haven't been seeing anyone else and I spend most of my time with him because I haven't really met anyone else.

I know I liked his company though.

I want a relationship, someone to come home to and to love who loves me back. I want someone who isn't afraid to be themselves. I want someone to share a bed with at night and curl up with, someone to take care of me when I'm sick and to build a solid relationship with.

Aiden just wasn't that guy.

It's obvious he's still in love with Emily and that's okay, she was his first and only for everything before we started sleeping together, they've been together forever and it's only been a few months, he deserves to still love her.

I won't put myself thorough being a rebound relationship, sure rebound sex is fine but that's different then giving your heart to someone and expecting it to go somewhere.

"Morning." He kissed my neck and I wanted to strangle him right now for it, I was so sexually frustrated.

"Morning, what time do you have to leave?" I asked

"What time is it?" he yawned away some of the drowsiness.

"Ten." I said after I looked at the clock on his nightstand.

"I have to leave at noon, How about you?"

"I work at four as far as I know."

"Okay."

"I'm going back to sleep." I said and closed my eyes. I loved my job but I had those few days off and now I don't want to go back. I want to be lazy in bed and do nothing.

I let myself drift to sleep, vaguely aware of him getting up and moving around before I fully fell asleep. When I woke back up Aiden was sitting beside the bed in some scrubs

"You leaving?" I yawned and stretched

"Yeah, i'll see you when you get home then?" he asked and I nodded

"Have a good day."

"It would be better if you weren't being so stubborn." He mumbled and I smiled

"Yeah well, I'm not the only one." I relaxed farther into his bed

"You're going to lose, you know." He brushed my hair back from my face and I shrugged

"Still fun for me either way." I closed my eyes again and I felt his lips brushed against my lips before he pressed them against mine.

"I'll see you later." He kissed my forehead and I watched him walk out the door and we were even more screwed.

I don't know why I let things get this far, sleep overs and intimate touches were not part of what was supposed to happen. Feelings were developing and they needed to be squashed.

I let myself sleep a little longer and got up with enough time to shower and put some clothes on for work, I went with shorts and a lower cut t-shirt that hugged my body.

When I got there Jules was there too.

"Hey girl, how are you?" I asked and she shrugged

"Some days are better than others. Kelly hired a new person."