[Chapter Forty-Six]

Chapter Forty-Six

I Was freaking out and he was trying to calm me down, how can he be calm at a time like this, what if I'm fucking pregnant, how could he be okay with that. We were so young and he has to go to school and residency and he doesn't have time for a baby, we don't even have time for ourselves!

"Breathe princess, It's all going to be okay." He tried to reassure me but I was not having it, I had already gotten sick from stress.

"How is this okay?" I asked

"Because I love you." he kissed my temple

"But we aren't even close to ready for something like this."

"Well we aren't sure, do you want me to go to the store and get a test?" he combed his fingers through my hair because he knew it calmed me down.

"Please." I looked up at him and I could see in his eyes he was scared but it was calmer than the complete terror in mine.

"I'll be right back." he placed a soft kiss to my lips and grabbed his keys as he walked out of the room to head to the store. I took deep breaths and had to keep wiping my palms on the bed, I could be freaking out for nothing, I mean sure people are late all the time.

It's normal for people who have a lot of unprotected sex to be late, right?

This could all just be a big misunderstanding, I hope it was. It wasn't that I didn't want kids and it wasn't that I didn't want them with Aiden, I just wasn't ready, we weren't ready. I adored children and always wanted a family but at twenty-two in a relationship with someone who I started out in a friends with benefits relationship with, who has a psycho ex and whose mother hates me, that wasn't how I wanted it.

Aiden rushed back and he brought two boxes with two tests each and I decided that when I had to go I was taking all those damn things to be sure. I set them all down and set a timer for five minutes like the box said and we sat on the bed to wait.

We said nothing but I leaned against him and I was glad he was here with me. If I was pregnant I knew I had a great guy that would be there for me and I don't know if I could do this alone. If it was positive my life was about to change forever, I just wanted it to be negative.

My phone started beeping telling me the five minutes was up and I felt sick all over again and a bubble of nervousness to build in my stomach as I walked towards the bathroom and when I looked down at the four tests I didn't know how to feel.

I looked at him and burst into a whole new round of tears and then started laughing hysterically because I was losing my mind. He looked at me with worry and confusion.

"This is just fucking fantastic." I said sarcastically and he looked at them and frowned.

Half negative, half positive.

"We can go to the doctor tomorrow." He wrapped his arm around me and I shook my head

"I have finals tomorrow and so do you, I'll be in class all freaking day the next couple days." I wanted to cry even more, not only do I not know but I won't be able to the next few damn days.

"We can go to the hospital." He suggested

"I'm not dying Aiden, they have better things to do, and you know that. I'll make an appointment for Monday." I whispered

"No matter what happens I want you to know this doesn't change the way I feel about you, I love you." he kissed my forehead and I nodded. I didn't say much but I had to get through the next few days, I have finals Thursday and Friday and then then my office was closed.