Chapter 38 - see you again

Scarlett—

"Oh my god I missed you so much"

I Hugged Rydel tight, I had literally jumped into her arms when I saw her when I got off the plane.

"I missed you more!!" She squeezed me even harder.

Once we finished embracing each other we headed to her car in the parking lot, I threw my bag in her trunk and got into the car.

"How ya been babe?!"

"I'm okay.. Texas is fun.. school is fun but.. I miss the LA craziness. I miss the parties, the celebs, the boys!"

"Texas doesn't have cute boys?"

"They do but.. it's just.. not the same."

"Not the same.. or not Ross?"

She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! I've been on a few dates."

"No boyfriends though, your Facebook status has been "single" for 2 years.. don't you think it's time to put yourself out there?"

I swallowed hard.. I kinda felt like Rydel was giving me permission to move on from her brother.. like she wanted me to.

"Rydel?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you.. want me to get over Ross?"

She sighed. "I just want you to be happy.. Ross is .."

"Back in his ways?"

"Yeah.." she looked upset. "I think Ross is still sensitive about the breakup.. but he never talks about you, every time you're brought up he'll leave the room. Maybe he just doesn't want to open up old wounds but.. he's back dating.. or I should say "hooking up" with models since the relationships never last long.. he's not an alcoholic he doesn't excessively drink or do it often but when he's feeling sad instead of facing it he'll open up a bottle. He's just.. weird. And he's honestly been weirder the last few days."

I didn't know what to say so..

"Do you think he still..?"

Rydel knew..

"I honestly don't know. I think he loved you very much and that he was hurt but he knew it had to be done.. I don't know if he still loves you.. like I said he doesn't talk about.. but I just think it's best that you test the water a little scar, I think you should try to date and find a new boyfriend. You can't keep hanging on to Ross, no matter how badly I want you two to get married and have like 100 babies so auntie Rydel can spoil the shit out of them."

We both laughed, but Rydel was right.

"Well maybe at the Halloween party.."

She laughed so loud "I'm WAY ahead of you hun, I invited many MANY single boys for you to meet."

I'm really happy I have Rydel to look after me.. and maybe it is time to get over Ross.

We pulled into the drive way and As soon as we did..

"SCARLETT!!"

I was instantly dog piled by the boys

"Get off me you all weigh like 100000 lbs."