Chapter 6 - Nice pool.

- Scarlett

Thank god it's Saturday. Yesterday was so stressful, having to figure out that Ross was in my classes, and that strange feeling I felt when our hands touched. But at least I have the relaxing Saturday to myself. I ran down the steps to see a note hanging on the fridge.

"Scarlett, Luke and I went surfing. Enjoy your day alone. We love you. -Dad."

I smiled and set the note on the counter. I then grabbed a bowl of cereal and some orange juice and had breakfast. After breakfast I headed to my room and decided to have a relaxing day by my pool. I put on one of my FAVORITE Victoria secret swim suits that was peach pink with some turquoise accents. Then I threw on my white laced swim shorts, slipped on my flip flops. Then I headed to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and wet my hair a bit so my natural waves would come out. I never wear my hair like this. I like my hair a bit teased and straightened. Anyway, I put on my sunglasses then grabbed a book and went down to the pool. I sat on a beach chair and began reading when I heard that voice.. Why me?

"Woah! Nice pool!"

I turn my head to see that same blonde kid who drove me home yesterday hanging over the fence.

"And nice bikini, you look hot."

He winked and I felt my cheeks get red. Am I blushing?! Why am I acting like this?

"Ross what are you-"

"Ratliff's neighbor asked us to help him with yard work... You know what's funny? The weather here. It's the middle of winter, yet it feels like summer year round. Crazy right?"

I shook my head and giggled.

"So, can I help you?"

He chuckled. "How about after I finish here you and me take a swim?"

No.

"Sure."

Did I just say yes?

"Cool, see you in a bit."

No.

"Okay."

Fuck.

He laughed then hopped off the fence and continued his work.

"Glad you could make it." I smiled.

Ross jumped into the pool before I could even see him. He got out and I watched as the sun made the water glisten on his body. I couldn't help but stare at his toned body. His abs made my knees shake along with his v-line. And his arms made my heart beat fast. His smile though, I felt like I could faint.

"Coming in?"

He smiled at me. I nodded then dived in.

"Woo! Scarlett!" He clapped.

I giggled as I swam towards him.

"See?" He smirked?

"What?"

"I'm not as bad as you think I am."

"Oh yeah.." I began floating on my back and I shut my eyes.

I felt someone's hands go underneath me, I opened my eyes to see that Ross was holding me incredibly close to his wet, toned body.

"Scarlett, can I ask you something?"

"S-sure."

He looked into my eyes. "What did you mean by: 'No but it's what you will do to me I'm saving myself from.' "

"Oh.." I pulled away. "Don't worry about that.. Okay?"

"But.." He got close again. "I am worried.."

"Why?"

...

- Ross

I felt my heart drop. I don't understand why I care so much for this girl. I could tell she's upset and it's killing me. I thought this was just a way to get in her pants.. But this is different. I don't want to hurt her, nor do I even want to think about her getting hurt.

"It's just.." She paused and took a breath. "I don't want to get hurt again.. Okay Ross?"

"I won't hurt you.. I promise."

She looked down and did a half smile. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. She then rested her head on my chest. I then moved my hand over to her neck where she was still wearing the R5 necklace. I held it in my hands. She looked up at me with saddened eyes.

"You keep this safe okay? This was my lucky one, that I wore all the time."

"Y-you can have it back if you want."

"No! No no.. It's okay. I want a lucky girl to have it."

She looked back down.

"My favorite girl."

She looked up and smiled.

"Come on.. Let's go inside."

I watched as she walked out of the pool and wrapped a towel around herself. I followed her out of the pool and she handed me a towel. Then, we went inside. She told me she was going to take a shower. I suggested I'd to go back over to Ratliff's , change and shower, then head back here. I also said I'll bring some movies and we can hang. She agreed and I hugged her. I left and all I could think about was how happy I was. Maybe Scarlett is the girl for me.

(Scarlett's outfit on side)